Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 12:15 AM   #1
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi.

I'm thinking of dualling my lev' 18 fighter to a thief. I understand that I lose my ability to use armour and two handed swords etc. What I'm wondering is once my thief becomes lev' 19, do I then re-receive my fighters ability to use plate mail etc...or is that option gone forever?

Sorry if this is raking over old coals.

Thanks.

Oh, the XP cap has been removed btw...I hope.
Old 01-18-2001, 01:33 PM   #2
G.W.

You will get your ability to use plate mail, but you just can't use stealth with it. 19 levels is a lot of experience though....

Old 01-19-2001, 01:56 AM   #3
Armisael

I definitely wouldn't recommend dualling at level eighteen. Far, far too late. There wouldn't be enough EP left in the game to get your levels back as a thief.

Old 01-19-2001, 02:35 AM   #4
Multiple

Personally, I haven't found any use for dual-classing.
Use a non-human, (elf works) and multiclass fighter/thief...
That way you don't have all that downtime while trying to get levels equal.

Old 01-19-2001, 02:41 AM   #5
Armisael

The worth of multiclass ends with mages and clerics. Either way, all you end up with is a fairly mediocre spellcaster without anywhere near the amount of magic you'd have as a dual class.