Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2001, 10:53 AM   #1
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Not exactly a gaming question...but does anyone have or know of who might have a gently used drum set cluttering up the garage or back room who'd be willing to let it go very inexpensively? Getting a keyboard for Septfox for Christmas, but Agility wants a drum set...and with prices on new ones and the very real possibility that a 14 yr old may lose interest (and therefore it would be cluttering up *my* house [img]smile.gif[/img] )...a used set seems to be the way to go.

Not to discriminate, but for obvious reasons, this request is for our American members [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 11:00 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The only thing that I can offer you at the moment is some advise for that 14 year old...because I was 14 when I got my little $300.00 set. Being a perfectionist, I rebuilt the whole set, piece by piece, and added every time I could until I now have the largest set around! I will put a pic up on Stealthy's site someday. Anyway...I played on it and played on it, but got bored and was ready to sell it until I found a band to play with.
Now, I will never sell it! My set is at my frined's house who play s Bass Guitar. I go over there whenever we can get together and jam.
My advise...find others with music oriented goals...and have them attempt to have family concerts first, then when they are ready, attempt to play for activities like church functions or even try out theatre music accompanyment, etc.
That will keep the drums active, and your son's creativity alive.
I bought mine from the want ads in the newspaper for $300.00.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:05 AM   #3
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

I know this isnt' technically aout this but...
I wanted a pool table so I went shopping. A decent one was £200. Then I looked In the sales and wants section in a newspaper and found one bigger than the ones I'd seen and I bought it for £60! Great bargain.

So, try the sales and wants section. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 11:16 AM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Well, it seems we're not the only parents with this bright idea! as there is a severe shortage in the paper of the normally readily available sets! [img]smile.gif[/img]

His (great)uncle plays professionally as a drummer (he's a retired high school band master who still plays at get togethers, functions and such) and the uncle's son is a superbly talented keyboardest. I spoke with him this morn and he says he has cymbals he bought in the 70s and his drums aren't much younger! (and still sounding *good*) Musical ability runs strongly in both families, both instrumental and vocal. Uncle is making a few phone calls today to buddies of his...

Of course, if they rebuild the drum set like they did their pc---::shakes head::--nope, I don't even want to think about it! (hint...this is the only machine that is up and running--and totally off limits to take-apart!)

Barb, hubby and I want a pool table so badly.....but have absolutely no place to put one! It'll be hard enough to put a drum set in the boys' room (and still walk thru the usual boy mess )
Old 11-27-2001, 11:22 AM   #5
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
Of course, if they rebuild the drum set like they did their pc---::shakes head::--nope, I don't even want to think about it! (hint...this is the only machine that is up and running--and totally off limits to take-apart!) [/QB]

LOL

quote:
Barb, hubby and I want a pool table so badly.....but have absolutely no place to put one! It'll be hard enough to put a drum set in the boys' room (and still walk thru the usual boy mess )[/QB]

They are easy to Store and can be easily assembled/dissasembled. You only need a small amount of room really. You could store a small one under a bed when you wern't using it.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:33 AM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Obviously you've never seen under my bed

Seriously, tho, I have a table all picked out, and it is definitely not the take apart type! This one is gorgeous--some day we plan to build our own house and will plan a game room for adults (computers elsewhere). On that happy day (many moons from now, it seems...) you are all invited over for a tankard of mead! (dwarven ale, too, if available)
Old 11-27-2001, 11:44 AM   #7
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Obviously you've never seen under my bed

On that happy day (many moons from now, it seems...) you are all invited over for a tankard of mead! (dwarven ale, too, if available)

double LOL! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Sounds good. I plan to build my own house eventually too. I might not have dwarfen ale, but it's going to have a gamesroom underneath with a pool tabe , dartboard, a bar and a big C.D player.
Old 11-27-2001, 12:00 PM   #8
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:

double LOL! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Sounds good. I plan to build my own house eventually too. I might not have dwarfen ale, but it's going to have a gamesroom underneath with a pool tabe , dartboard, a bar and a big C.D player.

Oh yeah! *Exactly*! Shoot a little pool, crank some good tunes, have a brew or two, slow dance with hubby [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] ......

::sigh...the stuff of such pleasant dreams...::

And if the grandkids (eventually) want to come visit, there'll be a special place for them---in the north forty!
Old 11-27-2001, 08:19 PM   #9
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Check the recycler. They always have used kits there for on the cheap.

If you are anywhere near Cali, I could certainly find one for you.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition