Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2003, 02:49 AM   #1
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I have a bit of a pain in my left wrist, well not dierectly in my wrist, about an inch and a half below my wrist. It doesnt really hurt unless I am moving my wrist or typing (like I am now ). I am wondering if its anything I should be worried about. It might just be a regular old bruise but I cant think of anytime recently that I hit it hard enough for it to bruise and there is no real marking. It may just be from exsesive typing or something. Or it could be I have a blood clot of some sort in my vain.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 03-19-2003, 05:08 AM   #2
lasher
Dungeon Master

I regularly have pains in the wrist too. I believe it comes from my position when i sleep: sometimes i awake and my arm is under my breast. It's difficult to explain.
Try to see your position when you awake and when you fall asleep.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:10 AM   #3
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Probably a tendon or muscle you pulled. It could also be due to overuse, as you said, from to much typing. Nothing really to worry about. If you've got some oitment that you can use to treat musclepull, use that. If it isn't better in a few days, i'd suggest seeing you doctor about it.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:15 AM   #4
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I suggest seeing a doctor. Such cases usually doesn't amount to anything serious if they are treated properly.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:24 AM   #5
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

If you spend too much time typing, it's possible you have repetitive strain injuury (RSI), you need to support your wrists when typing, or using a mouse,
you can buy silicone pads for this.

This link may help. http://eeshop.unl.edu/rsi.html
Old 03-19-2003, 05:25 AM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Probably a tendon or muscle you pulled. It could also be due to overuse, as you said, from to much typing. Nothing really to worry about. If you've got some oitment that you can use to treat musclepull, use that. If it isn't better in a few days, i'd suggest seeing you doctor about it.
Yup... If it's indeed a symptom of RSI, it's best to take a rest from your computer every once and awhile. If you rest regularly and make sure you're sitting in a good typing position (table not too low or high, back straight, sitting right in front of your screen etc.), you should be able to deal with it in a reasonable way. If the pain persists however, it's like JR said best to see a doctor about it. But keep in mind that negligence when you've got RSI symptoms is an absolute nono! A little pain in your wrist may seem acceptable, but it could "spread" to other parts of your body (your back, for instance) if you ignore it for too long, up to a point you may even become unable to work at all. A visit to the doctor for some advice definitely won't hurt.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:25 AM   #7
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Just out of interest, how old are you ?.

[ 03-19-2003, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Old 03-19-2003, 10:37 AM   #8
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Me? I am 15, why? Did I spell alot of things wrong? It was 1:49 AM, get over it.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 03-19-2003, 11:10 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Lanesra - I don't think you are in a position to comment on anyone's spelling. Did you mean that to be a 'winking' smiley?

[ 03-19-2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-19-2003, 11:34 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

[quote]Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Quote:
Me? I am 15, why? Did I spell alot of things wrong? It was 1:49 AM, get over it.
What's your problem Lanesra - if you ignore the affourmentioned apostrophyical cataclysyms, it wasn't two bad in the spelling department. Besides, spelling is just not as simple as falling down an escalator you know.