Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2001, 01:45 PM   #11
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I've never put proficiencies in Darts, but that might not be so bad. There is an abundance of them and they fire very quickly. I'll have to try that (fighter ***** in darts? Sounds funny though). And doesn't a Dart of Wounding poison or something. I remember killing Flesh Golems with Darts of Wouding in BG1 .

I would agree that Bastard Sword isn't that great of a proficiency to have. I don't think clubs are that bad -- especially once Jaheira gets a decent one (ie. Blackblood), but spears would be better.
Old 02-02-2001, 01:49 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I sometimes give Jaheira the dart proficiency. She's pretty good with the darts that stun or poision. Has to get fairly close to the target, though, so sling is probably better.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:21 PM   #13
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Jhor The Bleeder
that is the only reason to have basterd sword and it isn't even that good
but my vote goes to darts because they run dry on ammo just like trowing axes and daggers
BUT those have boomerang weapons aswell so they are usefull
and with darts you almost never hit that is just awfull

Best to have Katana for a Kensai mage and dual wield celetial fury and Dak'kon Zerth sword
Old 02-02-2001, 03:38 PM   #14
weedius_maximus

I would have to agree with the board...bastard sword is just about the most useless proficiency, I mean, one good sword and that's it. They tease you at the beginning of the game with a bastard sword, making you thing that you'll have a few in the future to look forward to, but NO! So you wast your profiency points on it and suddenly you have 5 different two handed swords and you have better luck shaking hands with Edward Scissorhands that using these things in combat! I mean--never mind, I digress...
Bastard swords and darts, that's it for me mates!

Old 02-02-2001, 03:50 PM   #15
"Hell Lich" Wah

ME TOO! Why have bastard swords anyway? Also I have an utter distaste for the ninja-to thingy and washi-washing-up-thing sword.

The best you can get is a +1 as far as I know!! And the ninja tos are shit too!!

The game should revamp their weapons seriously! Put in a three-section cudgel or something.........but washi-washing-up sword??!! Is that the best that they can do?

Anyone who uses Washi - etc - etc should be ranted against to be knocked some sense into!

Old 02-02-2001, 04:41 PM   #16
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you are prepared to wait till chap. 5 for a +3 bastard sword its ok but you'll have a useless proficiency slot until then...
Old 02-02-2001, 05:10 PM   #17
G.W.

Bastard swords should be rolled up into long swords or two handed swords, like the large sword/great/small sword categories they have in Icewind Dale. Little reason for there to be 6 different proficiencies for swords. How different is using a scimitar from using a long sword? What a joke that +1/+3 shapeshifter bastard sword is. Isn't there about one shapeshifter in the entire game? (Also yet to see any giants)

Old 02-02-2001, 05:28 PM   #18
Jon the Hell Caster

Hey! Does anyone want me to make new profficences for the expansion however doing so will delete a allready existing one if you want me to make new profficences tell me and tell me which one you want to delete.

Old 02-02-2001, 07:53 PM   #19
Curdis

Looks like Bastard Sword is the winner!

BTW There are plenty of shape shifters in the game - Rakshaka, Druids, not sure the sword actually is implemented to aid in these cases.

I thought darts were bad until a dart of stunning (they work through a stoneskin) saved my butt. Sometimes it is the unintentional design features that make something worthwhile.

The washahashbrown/ninja to arguement is not a winner because the proficency is simitar and there are some AVERAGE scimitars in the game. BUT I STILL hate the bl**dy things. - Curdis