Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 05:07 AM   #11
draconia

I just sent that picture to you, Memnoch. I do hope you like it.

Old 02-01-2001, 06:28 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Draconia, that's a pretty awesome set of cliffs. Very beautiful landscape as well. You live in Green River, Utah, right? It must be quite similar to the outback, except the outback is - well, flat, except for Uluru and Kata Djuta. That climb looks like a challenge though!

Curious, why the name Bookcliff?
Old 02-01-2001, 06:34 AM   #13
Moiraine
Anubis

If anyone of you guys happen to go to France reasonably near from where I live,
give me a phone call, it would be nice meeting you.

Richard, mail me, I'll give you my phone number if you will. Alpe d'Huez IS rather close to my home.
(I'd rather not out my phone number on the board, trolls being everywhere ...)
Old 02-01-2001, 06:34 AM   #14
Moiraine
Anubis

Sorry, 'Rikard' it was.
Old 02-01-2001, 07:26 AM   #15
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Rikard it indeed is
but probably won't be able to leave coz of my perants (what parents?? I'm 16 y. old remember?)
so that won't really work
Old 02-01-2001, 08:13 AM   #16
Moiraine
Anubis

Here is a site (in French) with some beautiful photos of the mountain chain where I live (I live somewhat at a lower altitude ...)

http://members.aol.com/belledonne38/Frames_menu.html

Enjoy !
Old 02-01-2001, 01:20 PM   #17
Jon the Hell Caster

Hey! I am going to France in June!

Old 02-01-2001, 10:00 PM   #18
draconia

Memnoch, I asked my husband why they are called Bookcliffs and he said that somewhere he had heard it was because in some places they look like the pages of a book when it is closed. Now I am curious. I think I am going to try and find out more.

Old 02-01-2001, 10:34 PM   #19
turbovee
Elminster

Has anyone ever seen or been to Yosemite national park here in California? Great rock climbing! That has to be one of the most incredible places I have ever seen. That and the Grand Canyon in Arizona. I have been all over the world and those two places are the most spectacular. I went to Australia back in 93' but never got to see Ayers rock. I'm sure its awesome! Niagra Falls is another place I would like to see in person.

Now I'm on a roll, I got to dive the Great Barrier Reef and a lot of the Islands in the South Pacific and THAT is the most spectacular thing I have ever seen. Nothing can compare to the colors and beauty of Nature that abounds in the South Pacific Ocean. I'm sure you'll agree Memnoch.

One of the most disturbing, but oddly fascinating things I've ever seen was the miles and miles of burning oilfields that Sadam's army set fire to during the Gulf war. It's amazing how destruction can have a strange sense of beauty. To see all those oilrigs on fire for miles carpeting the sky with their black smoke was a frightening sight to behold. I also personally saw the eruption of Mt. St.Helens when I lived in Washington so many years ago. Another tragically awesome sight.

I did all of my travelling in the Navy as a Diver
Old 02-02-2001, 03:37 AM   #20
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Does anyone remember the phot that Memnoch posted of his place? I have to say that it doesn't do the view justice. IT IS A SPLENDID VIEW. The bridge is huge, the water ever present, and at night (when I saw it) it's intoxicatingly pretty. What he didn't tell us is that the lucky dog has a view of Darling Harbour on the other side!!