Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2003, 03:54 PM   #1
Korvanik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am on the second floor of the Blushing Mermaid inn in the Northeast part of Baldurs Gate. And there i found Mr. Shade but when i talk to him he just ask if every thing goes as planed. And if you play along he asks if you know what the dialog is about, if you say yes the dialog starts over again if you say no he walks away. Now My question is is he part of a quest or does he reveal anything useful or is he there to annoy you?

[ 03-14-2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Korvanik ]
Old 03-14-2003, 04:10 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I see that you're assuming everything must be there for a purpose, to provide you with items, information, or work for your benefit in some other manner, such as providing you with a quest. How incredibly self-centered to believe that everything must revolve around you! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, Mr. Shade was just put there for fun. Hey, at least you can use the encounter to see how well you roleplay: Test yourself to see how long you can keep the conversation going before you say, "Ah, heck, let's just kill him and see if he's carrying anything interesting." He's just an Easter Egg--although he is connected with another Easter Egg in the game.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #3
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

If I remember right, he's simply an entertaining part of the woodwork within Baldur's Gate. Don't lose sleep over him my friend!
Old 03-15-2003, 12:03 AM   #4
Jan

An Easter Egg!

Hmm.. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:02 PM   #5
Korvanik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well i am happy to hear that i didnt miss a quest. And i thank does that thoose that replied.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Beware! If you are doing a quest revolving around a certain garment you should be wary of this guy.