Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 01:05 PM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

Sorry Saz to hear that, hope you get better.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:29 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Paris! HUG HUG HUG! thank God you posted this! I've been worried sick- well you know that! [img]smile.gif[/img] And I'm really glad you saw a doctor and found out what the heck has been making you so miserable!

It sounds like you have alot to take care of, but it's a major step in the right direction, now that you know WHAT you're battling! Many warm thoughts and prayers, my friend! Let me know if there's anything I can do, even if it's just wailing on Frost giants! And please take GOOD care of yourself!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 01:30 PM   #13
WillowIX
Apophis

I had no idea it was TTP. There is some interesting research being done on this disease though. You can try to take some aspirin now and then since this will decrease the clotting of thrombocytes. Unfortunately plasmapheresis is still standard treatment.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:42 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I certainly hope I don't have to do plasmapheresis again, WillowIX! That's why I was in ICU back in May 2000. I don't think it's near that problem, especially since my platelet levels are normal...just my RBC's are down. It could have gotten back to that had I let this go on unchecked. Hopefully with the diet and the medication, I should be getting back to normal soon. Thanks for your kind wishes, and the doctor also mentioned taking a children's aspirin as well, which I'm going to do this evening.

One thing I was glad of, is my LDL cholesterol was way down, which, with being an overweight person, is a concern. So were my triglycerides, so no problems there!

Cloudy: Thanks, dear, and showers of blessings to you! I know you've been worried about me, and I really appreciate your concern. We'll just have to see if this is what it is...if so, it explains much. I'll check on MSN tonight and see if you're on and we can talk further.

Hugs,
Saz

P.S. You know what sounded really crazy as well? My doctor advocated eating nuts, especially almonds! Can you get over that? Nuts, like you find at a party! Well, I love almonds, so now I have an excuse to go buy me a can and scarf them. Doctor's orders!

"S"

[ 01-13-2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-13-2003, 01:45 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I certainly hope I don't have to do plasmapheresis again, WillowIX! That's why I was in ICU back in May 2000. I don't think it's near that problem, especially since my platelet levels are normal...just my RBC's are down. It could have gotten back to that had I let this go on unchecked. Hopefully with the diet and the medication, I should be getting back to normal soon. Thanks for your kind wishes, and the doctor also mentioned taking a children's aspirin as well, which I'm going to do this evening.

One thing I was glad of, is my LDL cholesterol was way down, which, with being an overweight person, is a concern. So were my triglycerides, so no problems there!

Cloudy: Thanks, dear, and showers of blessings to you! I know you've been worried about me, and I really appreciate your concern. We'll just have to see if this is what it is...if so, it explains much. I'll check on MSN tonight and see if you're on and we can talk further.

Hugs,
Saz
I'll look for you. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think it can explain a lot, Sazzie! Blood chemistry can make a mess of your system and it CAN impact your moods quite severely. I would be very surprised if this DIDN'T have much to do with it! I have to run- am at work, but I'll try and check in later- or at least when I get home!
Old 01-13-2003, 01:47 PM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Saz, hope you start to feel better soon.

I suffered from serious anaemia a couple of years back, I was an emotional wreck, thought it might be clinical depression as you mentioned yourself. It's weird the effect it can have on you, anaemia makes everything look bleak, especially when you wake up after 12 hours asleep and still feel exhausted, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I know that for me, finding out what was wrong was a big step forwards.

One thing I discovered is the iron can take a couple of months to be metabolised, thought I'd mention that in case you were worried if you didn't feel any immediate benefits.

Big hugs mate [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 02:02 PM   #17
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Question Mark

Sazerac, I'm glad to see you're doing better, and would like to add to the voices that have said you've been missed around here.

I hope your recovery is swift and without complications.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:04 PM   #18
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I really sorry to hear that Saz, but I'm glad you've caught this problem early. I'll certainly be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 02:07 PM   #19
MagiK

Really glad to hear you are doing better and apparently through the worst of it...any idea what the root cause for the condition was? Got to keep that diet going, meat is good for ya no matter what the vegheads say and I hear that if you suck on a nail you will raise your Iron content! (just kidding about the nails...old joke I used on my exwife at certain times)

Old 01-13-2003, 02:09 PM   #20
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Saz, I am hoping and praying your health returns asap!