Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2001, 07:24 AM   #11
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have no intentions of stopping,and i think society used to inforce a standard as for a so called"growing up"age.i think that myth has disappered with the generation X,so we are free to upgrade and install and be happy with our devices and vices,as long as there are CRPG'S,i'm happy with whom i am,and what i'll be,that's all that matters

i remember the Atari and long live Frogger,Pole Position,and Missle Command
Old 02-22-2001, 07:26 AM   #12
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Hellfire,
it's been a while since our last encounter on the Board !
I remember a very old 'kill monstera and find treasures' game ... all in text mode ...
We needed a LOT of imagination in those days !!!
Old 02-22-2001, 07:37 AM   #13
turbovee
Elminster

Tobbin: Your welcome I have fond memories of my wife telling me to get off the game and come spend time with her as she's beating me across the head with any object she can find. HAHA

Memnoch: Never what? never imagine yourself at 80 playing video games or never stop playing.

Accord and Memnoch will be helping all the young kids on the net solve their games in fifty years.

I can imagine having biochips inserted and going to my computer and plugging myself in.
Old 02-22-2001, 07:44 AM   #14
Drake
Baaz Draconian

I can't imagine beening 70-80 but I like playing vidio games and I see no reson why I would stop.
Old 02-22-2001, 07:45 AM   #15
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Moiraine,salute!how have you been,your right it has been a long time,as you noticed i took another attempt at the beutiful French language.and i tell you i will learn it,i promise.hey i know you probably hate to have questions about computers and such here,but i can't get my modem to work at home,i need some suggestions if you don't mind.i don't have my driver that goes with the modem,but i tried the standard modem that comes with WIN98 and set the buad rate to 12000 to get a connection and then i would download the real driver,but i got a message of could not connect or not dialing,any help you could give me?
Old 02-22-2001, 07:45 AM   #16
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

ROFL Cloudbringer!! I know what you mean when you say the students in your office look at you with a "huh?" expression. My sons love to hear about the 'olden days' of my childhood, when no one had computers or playstations or Nintendos ... that we didn't even have a tv til I was nine! (Now I sound really ancient don't I??) ROFL!!!! It's understandable I guess, since we've had a computer since 1986, and console games since '88. THEY can't remember not having them.

And what age will I stop playing RPGs of any format? When I'm dead.
Old 02-22-2001, 08:09 AM   #17
Gray Mage
Banned User

Me, I doubt that I'll ever stop playing video games. Anybody remember Pong? It was the big console that could play tennis, breakthrough, Raquetball, and if you were one of the lucky one it came with shooting gallery.

Long live Atari 2600...anyone still have theirs??
Old 02-22-2001, 08:27 AM   #18
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

i hope I never have to stop. I could see my self in the nursing home playing an rpg instead of bowls. I too am excited by the possibilities for gaming in the future. Online gaming will continue to become bigger and bigger too. Why should we stop doing what we enjoy because we have to "grow up"?
Old 02-22-2001, 10:09 AM   #19
BLACK KNIGHT

Stop . . . playing . . . RPGs . . . hmmmm. Understand the words seperately . . . put em together . . . must have something lost in the translation.

If you look at the relative ages across the board here, I do believe we span 14-60+. I hope to be that 60+ guy that banters back and forth with everyone and people are shocked when they find out how time advanced he is.

Later

BK

Old 02-22-2001, 10:14 AM   #20
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok i want to ask does anyone know why PnP D&D was attacked when it came out but CRPG's didn't,all i am asking for is a little history.i played Gary Gygax edition and so forth,not to sure about 3rd don't know why they did that either.sorry for the off topic question,but it kinda relates