Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2001, 03:17 PM   #1
ecko
Dungeon Master

1. i have heard that u can save ur drow equiptemt where i must kick that character out in exit or ????

2. how much have i time after drow city (demon thing phaere and her mum killed)before talking to adalon?
Old 07-03-2001, 09:17 PM   #2
skier9205
Manshoon

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

To answer your questions:

1. If you have Jahiera, and she hasn't gone off to do the Harper's quest, you can give all her of your drow stuff and kick her out of the party. You can then pick her up again at the harper hold and she'll have the stuff. Be warn though. She can't gain experience if she's not in your party, and when you meet up with Drizt going from the Underdark exit to Athkatla she won't remind you that Drizt is a friend and you won't be able to enlist his help in figting Bodhi.

2. Not much. At most I think about 5 minutes. Just do whatever you need to before you get them killed. If your thinking about saving the Dao that's trapped, don't bother, you don't get anything except have to pay for and get a pitiful amount of XP for doing it.
Old 07-03-2001, 09:21 PM   #3
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you put the items in a bag of holding, will they still disentigrate? I heard a long time ago that this trick would work , but don't know if it's true. Any opinions?
Old 07-03-2001, 09:24 PM   #4
skier9205
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Eladamri:
If you put the items in a bag of holding, will they still disentigrate? I heard a long time ago that this trick would work , but don't know if it's true. Any opinions?
I had some drow stuff in my bag but it was just dust when I took it out. Anyway, play by the rules. It's a lot more fun. I didn't care about my stuff turning to dust. I like the challenge!

Old 07-04-2001, 03:54 AM   #5
ecko
Dungeon Master

can i kick some other members
Old 07-04-2001, 10:03 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

1) Drow equipment? I'm no expert there since I have never used them before... ...

I just sell them, can anyone hear the *ker-chink!*?

2) Take as long as you like, , I completed all the Underdark quests to reap maximum rewards. There is no time limit as far as I remember, I took my own sweet time and once completed the Mind-Flayer city and the Elder-Orb lair before talking to Adalon.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 07-04-2001, 10:06 AM   #7
skier9205
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by ecko:
can i kick some other members
I don't know. I heard about using Jahiera and that's who I used. Maybe a character that goes to the Copper Coronet will work. But I don't know.
Old 07-04-2001, 10:18 AM   #8
joetbd
Manshoon

I copied the drow equiptment. And just changed the file names. The computer just looks for item file names, that start with DR, like DRsw1h01.itm. Mine are JR, so I have drow equiptment that does not get dusted.

Sure its a a tiny bit complicated, but not as complicated as some of the ideas I have heard for keeping your drow equiptment.

THis way, you dont have to worry about the game checking for DR equiptment later either.