Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2002, 01:52 AM   #111
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
Heh, it's amusing to read the comments from Tanoch Thas'ala. And Tanoch Thas'ala - please don't start here the "males don't have a clue about anything" thing - you're totally off regarding this, as off as anyone can ever be and remarks like this will simply get ignored eventually. These are amusing to read, but the fun will run out eventually.

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Whailor ]

OMG. Don't put your words into my mouth. If you want to misread what I posted bully for you. You obviously disagree with the topic, so why not find another topic to post in?
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 03:38 AM   #112
Whailor

I don't have to put the words into anyone's mouth. It all is written pretty clearly few pages back, just scroll back and read yourself.

As for the topic, then I don't mind the topic. Selected few posts are out of the line, but topic itself is good. There's no need to put words in my mouth either, I never said that I didn't like the topic. I personally hope that all these positive and negative feedback will give to Galadria and her friend a good platform to build the module on. While creating some turbulence, it was still a good idea for Galadria to post this issue on the boards and ask for opinions, as it will give always a good amount of information as to what people want to see and what not. But the understanding of "things", based on gender, are really better to be left out.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:39 PM   #113
hagimihale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Absynthe, I'm sure not gonna spoil it for you, but in ToB, with the Ascension mod, your questions will be answered. It's nice to know, everybody, that our little idea has provoked so much debate. Also glad to know that Imoen-devotion is so rife.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Galadria ]

I'm still reading through this well-developed thread. Not going to get into the Irenicus arguement (everyone has a right to their own opinion). I am interested in the Imoen romance, though, and can see many levels on which this would work for her...

One question: what is the Ascension mod you spoke about?
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:18 PM   #114
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by hagimihale:

I'm still reading through this well-developed thread. Not going to get into the Irenicus arguement (everyone has a right to their own opinion). I am interested in the Imoen romance, though, and can see many levels on which this would work for her...

One question: what is the Ascension mod you spoke about?

Hagimihale, the Ascension Module is a downloadable modification for TOB done by David Geigner of Bioware. It contains additional dialog, and a completely different ending. It's not all that I hoped for when I did it, but I have (eventually) come to the conclusion that it is an improvement over ToB as released.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:20 PM   #115
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Galadria, this storyline of yours does bring up some other interesting possibilities for equipment and misc. items for Imoen.

For example,

+2 wallet chain ( +3 vs. men)

Butches Birkenstocks (adds 1 to STR, +5 save vs. hetero influence)

Mullet of Machismo (magical haircut which adds +10 to all saves vs. male dominated society)

Shirt of Confusion (a plain cotton shirt with the words "Nobody knows I'm a Lesbian" sewn on it. 50% chance of casting confusion on any char with INT < 15, casts Falwell's Frenzied Frothing against all fundamentalists, no saving throw.)

Realizing that that this post may draw some fire, my last request is that I be covered with honey and thrown to the lesbians for my "punishment".

Absinthe, LOL. Actually, I picture Immy as more of an Anne Heche-type.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-22-2002, 01:43 PM   #116
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:

Absinthe, LOL. Actually, I picture Immy as more of an Anne Heche-type.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, who was/is Anne Heche?
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:49 PM   #117
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

At the risk of sounding ignorant, who was/is Anne Heche?

Hi, Neb. Anne Heche is the pretty, feminine actress who, for a while, was the very public lover of comedian Ellen DeGeneres. I just meant that , though she is romancing a female, I do not picture Immy as pseudo-masculine. She just is drawn to her sister and is afraid of men. In fact, in the script of our Romance, she is very much the non-dominant partner.

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: Galadria ]

Old 02-22-2002, 02:09 PM   #118
Absynthe

Hullo, Galadria! Yeah, I always thought of Imoen as sort of tom-boyish myself, but not really butch in the extreme. As she's a thief as well as a mage, she's got to be ready for a little rough and tumble action. I'm still debating which of her portraits I like better, BGI or BGII.
Have you read "Titan" by John Varley? Excellent romance treatment in there, along similar relationship lines as the plot you're working on.
Glad you liked the humor, I was hoping to lighten things up a bit...

Someone was opining earlier about the darkness in your plot, which I think is like adding contrasting spices to a meal; the playoff of the different flavors is what makes it stand out, and gives it a synergy you won't get otherwise.

BTW, Hi Neb! Haven't seen you for a while, mate. How ya doing?

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: Absynthe ]

Old 02-22-2002, 02:24 PM   #119
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Gabriel, as I've said before, but don't mind repeating, Irenicus used torture on Imoen (she says many times that he did). I (and others) feel that rape would be one of them that he would use to break her spirit. He says that he had to "show her many dark things indeed," because her spirit was so glad. Does that sound like he was not trying to break her spirit? point as yet.

he wasn't trying to "break" her, he was trying to evoke the fascination with death, and other dark and terrible things that being a chile of Bhaal involves, bring out the darkness in her soul.

I also think there should be some intereaction with the Harpers, (I haven't finished the game yet, so I don't know if they've found out about Imoen being a Bhaalspawn as well) but it seems like two Bhaalspawn getting together in a sexual manner, or any manner at all would raise their ire.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:27 PM   #120
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:

BTW, Hi Neb! Haven't seen you for a while, mate. How ya doing?

Heya Ab, doing fine [img]smile.gif[/img]

Join us over in Cloudy's Cafe or the Roleplaying forum, that's where I spend most of my time [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote