Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Once I spoke with Mother Eugenia, I went to free the captives and no matter who I speak with, they just moan & complain! How do I free them so that I can move on; I'll probably move on and go back if it's worth it! Thanks for the info on caling my wild Mage down, things move along when you're not always under friendly fire...
TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:59 AM   #2
Mundus
Dungeon Master

I don't think you can make those villagers move. I remember trying everything to make them go home, but they just moan at you and stand there! Have you killed everything in the level? if not, do so and then try going back to the captives. Good luck!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:21 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Have you tried talking to the little girl?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:24 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Yes you can make the villagers go home, only after you kill everything.... like Dundee said you have to talk to a little girl..
Old 11-17-2003, 12:29 PM   #5
Yanez
Manshoon

IIRC those villagers don't leave 2nd level of Dragon's Eye and they you won't get any exp from them. The only villager on 2nd level that could be saved and will bring exp is Sheemish - Conlan the blacksmiths son. I don't even remember getting any exp for freeing Mother Egenia too, she only fills in the storyline, provides safe resting and healing. The only time I noticed those villagers gone wha when I finished Dragon's Eye and were returning to Kuldahar. That little girl that Dundee speaks of, is found on 1st level and will automatically speak with you when you defeat Lizard King.

[ 11-17-2003, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Yanez ]
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:24 PM   #6
listeningism
Elite Waterdeep Guard

uuuhhh... what if there were never any captives to begin with in the "cells"?
Old 12-05-2003, 03:25 PM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

listeningism,

Then you are looking in the wrong place. The villagers/captives that you will meet in several places are parts of quests, so assuming you don't do something outrageous like kill them, they will be where they are supposed to be.

BTW - Welcome to the forum! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:16 PM   #8
motub
The Magister

Ummmm, not always, NobleNick.

There was a bug that if you went to kill the Lizard King, and rested after doing so, but before talking to the captives again, the captives would disappear. So you basically had to find them (to get the quest), kill the LKing and fight your way back (if you hadn't cleared the area between the LKing and the captives), all without resting before you reported (to the little girl that you mention), that the Lizard King was dead and the captives were now free.

Naturally, if you fought the Lizard King before you got to the captive's area (which was quite possible), you probably would have rested after, and then-- no captives (and you wouldn't know why). This did happen to me, once.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 01:44 PM   #9
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone,couldn't stay away from playing, even with the busy holiday closing in on me. So what I did was build a small team ,3 fighters, then leveled 2 of them up at level 3 to fighter/cleric, fighter/ mage and 1 pure fighter. I'm flying through the game and I'm back in Dragons eye and doing some serious damage. if you clear out the west side, leaving the Lizard king until last, you'll be able to find the little boy (west side), free him, go down the east side and clear it out, you'll see the captives but wait until you go back up and kill the Lizard King, then go back down and talk to the lille girl at the next door, you'll get all the experience points from that cave. be sure to go down to the girl right after yo kill the King, don't rest or she'll be gone. That's how i found it easier to clear out the captive area to the east, because after fighting the king and his friends, I had nothing left to fight with, I had to get to the girl without anyone coming after me. Hope thats clear enough.
Oh yeah, we have a new player in our mists, my best friend is addicted to IWD after watching me play once. She's having trouble finding a strategy guide, they're so old, no one has them, not even E-bay. So if anyone wants to part with their copy, let me know...
TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 07:15 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Strategy guides tend to be... while for the better part, useful, not terribly comprehensive. I prefer to think of them as strategy guidelines. Seriously, sometimes the information found within them can make one roll eyes. Not really worth the investment.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote