Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
Irie word of Jah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just started in HoF mode and everybody is always saying that there are new items and better treasure to get, i just finished the goblin attack in the palisade and i havent seen anything different except the battles are way more difficult. What is there to find?
Old 08-04-2003, 05:39 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

You won't find exactly new items, but the 'special' stuff you buy from shops or get from non-random drops will have improved. For instance, the sling called Left Hand of Darkness which you buy from the Gallaway store has a +1 bonus to BAB and to damage plus immunity to disease while equipped in normal mode. In HoF, the bonuses will have increased to +5 and, in addition to the immunity, the sling will be able to cast Cure Disease several times per day. And it will cost a hell of a lot more money to buy. All of the named weapons and armor are improved like that.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:04 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Some, but not all, of the random drops will yield better items as well. Don't be surprised though if you are still getting treasure more in line with starting level characters for a while.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 03:41 PM   #4
Irie word of Jah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sa basically there arent any "new" items just improved versions of the same stuff.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:47 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, the random treasure tables are also altered - so you are likely to find more +4 and +5 items as random drops on HoF mode. On non-HoF mode games, you might find +4 weapons as random drops.

There are a LOT of weapons in the game. You can probably play through the game a couple of times and NOT find all of them.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote