Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
Kell Swiftsword
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you kill the white dragon!?! I used 10 fireball spells on him, and he shrugged all but two of them off!! I used a meteor swarm spell to minimal effect!! All my fire type spells are gone, now it's down to hack and slash. I have a 10/3 level ranger/rogue. He has good skills, armor, strength and weaponry, but I can't seem to even hit the darn dragon. Meanwhile I'm constantly having to Stone of Recall out to pick my up my very dead henchman (Daelan Red Tiger)!! Argh!! Any suggestions, or is getting your tail kicked for an hour pretty much the only way to get the job done?
Old 12-21-2002, 11:07 PM   #2
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

I have not gotten to the White Dragon yet, but I have fought and decimated White Dragons before so I have a few ideas you can try.
1. Try to use missile weapons to whittle down on the beastie before it closes to melee range. Order your henchman to do the same.
2. Use your Ranger's entangle spell to make it hold still and take its medicine (from your missile weapons). If the sucker isn't immune to entangle it may have a high spell resistance so it may take a few times for this method to work...saving games rocks!
3. Get anything and everything that provides your character with cold resistance.
4. If your 'ol Red Tiger keeps getting toasted (frozen) then have him use only missile weapons for the entire encounter.
5. Use any and all Wands, Staves, and other limited use items to give your dude the edge. Keep experimenting to find what works, that's what I always do.
6. Party On!!!
Old 12-23-2002, 06:55 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

i havent come across one yet either but theres a shield specifically designed vs dragons that you come across in the fort so using that would be a start, and as im a warrior ill probably go in with improved power attack on and slap him down [img]smile.gif[/img] so far nothing even with big resistances has stopped me with normal attack on let alone improved power.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 09:05 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Spoilers

Which on eis the White Dragon again? The one in the snowglobe?
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:23 PM   #5
Kell Swiftsword
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, the white dragon is the one in the snow globe. Since posting my question I have defeated the white dragon, and am coming up to a battle with a red in the fire giant cave. If the red is tougher than the white, I think I could be in for a long battle.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:10 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try using Breach or Greater Breach to lower his protections - makes it a LOT easier to kill him. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 04:09 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I actually have a very *cheezy* way of killing that one.
Make it hostile, and run as fast as you can back to the entrance of the cave. Now, run behind the 'walls' between the cave itself and the entrance of the cave. If you stand in the correct place there, you can hurt the Dragon with a Ranged weapon, but the dragon can't hurt you.
Good luck!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 08:23 AM   #8
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Kell Swiftsword:
Yes, the white dragon is the one in the snow globe. Since posting my question I have defeated the white dragon, and am coming up to a battle with a red in the fire giant cave. If the red is tougher than the white, I think I could be in for a long battle.
minor spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
The red one is tougher then the white one but you can hurt it with something before the fight even starts so look out for a way to do that.