Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2002, 12:00 PM   #1
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

The fizban vs raistlin poll I noticed was very one sided So I thought I'd steal the idea from stormblade and level the players. Fizban Vs. Raistlin? OOO what a fight.

They are both very unique mages. they go far beyond the standard book rules.

Elminster favored of the gods

Raistlin Master of past and present

Elminster A many classed character he's maxed just about everything

Raistlin is shrouded in mystery there are great leaps in his power that are not very explained. Also favored by the gods?

Elminster's spell knowledge probably rivals that of Mystra and Ohgma

Raistlin has the staff of the Magus and the tower of sorcery to back him up.

If they fought on neutral ground or in the realms Elminster wins but it be nasty.

If they fought near the tower of sorcery in DL Raistlin wins easily. If they fight anywhere else in DL Its too close to call.

I think Elminster Has the raw power advantage but raistlin's cunning would either save his life or win the battle for him.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:26 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

My money is on Elminster, for obvious reasons
Old 05-01-2002, 01:48 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

It depends on the writer of the story, if it were ed "uber" greenwood writing it then elmunchkin would win, if it were anyone else raistlin would devastate him
Old 05-09-2002, 06:06 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Elmunchkin is just an overrated uber-everything. I mean it is understandable how Raistlin got his power. With elmunchkin he just seems to grow stronger and stronger with every new book from ed. Of course anyone else writing about him tends to get him out of picture fast as can be...then BAM back he slaps with ed ubering him up.
Raistlin might not measure up in raw power but he has the intelligence to back up the power that he does have.
AzureWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:21 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Ide have to go with elminster. regardless of personal feeling on ed "uber" greenwood (lmao nice nickname guys) i think elminster is destined to win. when you say raistlin do you mean him or him/fistandilus(or however you spell it) because that is what gave raist most of his powers. though raist is cold blooded calculating and cruel, elminster is outmatched in those facets, but elminster does have right on hiw side and he is the closest thing to a god on can be, kind of like raist. but he is the chosen of mystra, so therefore i feel elminster would take it by a nose
Old 05-10-2002, 01:02 PM   #6
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

Well If I gather correctly Raisltin was Fistandatilus in the past. But Raistlin's travels are a little foggy. He disappeared a frail dying man cut a deal with somebody. If I gather correctly he cut a deal with himself (How ya like that one). Then he came back and was almost a god and actually fought takhisis and had a technical victory. So the more I think about the duel between these two the closer they seem to match power and the more I wouldn't want to be on the same planet when it happens.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:50 AM   #7
Bristowe
Elminster

Raistlin would come out on top, from a purely biased opinion
He's got much more character than Elminster will ever have, his focus, cunning, determination and supreme sense of self preservation would see him through to victory. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Elminster can go and suck bannanas Hahaha
Old 05-23-2002, 12:17 PM   #8
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'd have to say Raistlin. Mainly because, he plays by his own rules...

And he's cooler

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 03:37 PM   #9
Hell Forged
Welcomed New User

Well first off,I don't know much about Elminster,but I have to say I couldn't see anyone defeating Raistlin.There are numerous reasons for this,cunning,intelligence,power,and so on and so forth.But the main reason is that Raistlin would not accept defeat.Period.The man has the unique ability to say "I will not lose",and manage not to lose.That,added to everything else he has going for him assures him the win.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:19 PM   #10
Helspanth
Quintesson

In the Realms Elminster.
In Krynn Raistlin.
I think that on neutral ground elminster would beat Raistlin.
But Raistlin is SO much better as a character!