Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2001, 09:18 AM   #11
Moni

Katt,

The reason the fight was so easy for you is because you got good advice and never confronted her face to face. I beat her with the technique you used but only after a few futile attempts inside the auditorium...the first was right in her face (BIG mistake), and the second and third were from up in the seating of the auditorium (better but still deadly)!

If you have a save game still before you attacked her load it up and walk right down to her...you'll see just how scary a b*tch she really is!

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-06-2001).]
Old 04-06-2001, 09:23 AM   #12
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Just as you step in the room, cast a Meteorstorm or Icestorm on her (you may have to cast 2 to drop her). Hide behind the corner and peek in the chamber. As soon as the Serpent Priest are down close to the altar, come back in, drop 2 more storm spells and *bam*, no more bad guys.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 03:36 PM   #13
KattB
Dungeon Master

after I got the priest out of the way, I went in, don't rember if she was still at the alter or not. but I stood just in the doorway (she would not leave the room) and fired a few distant spells at her, then I had to go face to face so my swords could be used. I just kept punching the button non stop, most times I would see her flip her head back and the 'blood' fly, and she almost never seemed to get a chance to throw a spell if I kept 'hitting' her as fast as I could. that seemed to help.
I tried to get her to come into the hall but she would not leave the room, so I had to go to her.
Kathy
KattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 09:16 PM   #14
Hawkwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by KattB:
Hawkwind, do you only have prist? if so, I have no idea what you can do. I got my first shotes in with flam drop, elm. blast, all that kind of thing. using my wizard, etc. as I use them the most, next party I make will have two wiz's in it, not just one.
Kathy
Hi Kathy... Yes, like you I have only one Wizard - but 2 Priests. My strategy for this was based on other RPGs, where having more than one character that could heal, was a MAJOR bonus. But, in retrospect, I would definitely have 2 Wizards if I was going to play it again. I could sure use the extra firepower on the Mantraps surrounding Shurugeon Castle.

==Hawkwind==

Hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 05:52 PM   #15
Balgin
Elminster

I've tried the long distance method but it just doesn't seem to work for me. I'll stick to my tried and tested method (sounds like Hawkwind noticed it above) because it's about 80% effective to get me through with no character casualties.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote