Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2001, 04:39 PM   #1
SirGwayne

Well my first question pertains to weapons indicating on a successful hit the target will be phased, what exactly is that? secondly I have a druid and am having a little trouble equiping her with Armor can anyone tell me what combonation of items I can attain to lower her AC?
I have finished the game but am re-playing it with my same characters so I had or can get just
about any item you may mention. thanks for any help! by the way she is one tough cookie at
13th level!
Old 01-21-2001, 07:20 PM   #2
Tathlum

In the book & dice AD & D, phasing is, magically shifting the victims form into, a phantasm type-form. Meaning that the victim who is phased no longer exists in our plane of existance- therefore can do no physical harm to anything in this plane( for the duration of the spell etc..) That is also a useful attack mode-if a creature can do it at will, phase into this plane hit then phase out before the target can retaliate. (Sharn - *wink, wink*)

The druid class is basically priests of nature. They are limited to using only items that are found in nature, and not refined like metal ores need to be. They cannot use metal armor, or metal weapons. They cannot use edged weapons like a cleric, save a scimitar, thats because they were originally wheat cutting tools. In my table top version games I let them use scythes as well. Anyway your best bet for Best AC is magical leather Armor, talisman (like the wolf one), rings of protection, high dexterity scores.

-Sword/
0===={|===============================>
-High ! \
Old 01-23-2001, 04:24 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Here's another thing about phasing: it seems to work like an accelerated poison on many creatures. It can also kill trolls! So far i've discovered that troll can be killed by Fire, Acid, Phase, Stun and a really big hit (i imagine electricity does them in too?)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote