Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 10:33 PM   #1
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Suicide over hair-do
From our wire services
21jun02
ANKARA: A 13-year-old Turkish boy has committed suicide after a row with his father for copying the wide-stripe Mohican hairdo of Turkish star Umit Davala, it has been reported here.

The teenager, identified as Zafer Y., had his hair shaved on the sides after Davala propelled Turkey to a historic quarter-final berth scoring the only goal in their match with Japan on Tuesday.
His father reportedly chided him about his new hairdo and forced him to go to a barber the following day and have the remaining part of his hair shaved off, Anatolia said.

The boy then hanged himself with a belt from the window of their house in Gemlik town in the northwestern province of Bursa.

Davala earned a hero's status in soccer-mad Turkey with his winning header against Japan and many youngsters have since began to copy his hairstyle.
If you are going to hang youself over a haircut you REALY have issues!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 11:02 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

David Beckham should be charged in court because it was he who started all this mohican hairstyle thingie in the first place!
Old 06-22-2002, 01:24 AM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Check the link and try not to shake your head
Old 06-22-2002, 05:17 AM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Check the link and try not to shake your head
Huh? You're sure the link is correct? I get a tragic story about a man injured in a petrol tank explosion...
Old 06-22-2002, 09:20 AM   #5
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

while welding... shouldn't he have checkrd the tsank before he dstarted? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2002, 09:27 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find stories about people getting seriously injured or even dying very funny, no matter how stupid they were. Not trying to spoil the fun, just my opinion. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can see how it's funny in a detached sort of way, but not really my idea of knee-slapping humour.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:30 AM   #7
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't find stories about people getting seriously injured or even dying very funny, no matter how stupid they were. Not trying to spoil the fun, just my opinion. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can see how it's funny in a detached sort of way, but not really my idea of knee-slapping humour.
I agree with you. hanging yourself just isnt funny. that kid must have had *serious* problems.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:32 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
while welding... shouldn't he have checkrd the tsank before he dstarted? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ah, okies. Though more painful than amusing.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:35 AM   #9
Lord Shield

LOL! Well, there's a waste and a half. Couldn't he just have waited for it to grow again?

Old 06-22-2002, 09:38 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Yeah, because surely, the haircut was the sole reason for him to kill himself.... right?
Come on people, you don't honestly think someone would kill themselves over that? Calaethis, you're right - he must have had some serious problem to have done it. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]