Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2001, 06:02 PM   #61
Draconia

Wolfie, I got it. I am glad that you want my help. I will look at it this afternoon. I am so looking forward to reading it. Sitting around in a pub, having a beer, talking and having a good time would be great.

The.Relic, well, if a smooch finds another target to plant itself, I won't tell. hehehe

Being a good mood is so much nicer than the moods I have been in lately. Look, I am even spamming in another thread. Now, that is something I just don't do.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-13-2001, 06:09 PM   #62
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

LOL!! Spam on dear Lady!

I wont tell either if Relics smoochies goes astray LOL

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-13-2001, 06:24 PM   #63
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Draconia - Please continue spamming! We love to see you! Sounds like it must be a warm day if your windows are open.? I know it always lifts my moods when we get a warm day in the winter after so much cold! It was 60 degrees here today as well, open windows here too, but now that it's getting dark temps are dropping

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 06:27 PM   #64
Draconia

LadyZekke, I am not sure how warm it is here but I am glad that is warm. Sick of winter. I still have about 2 hours of daylight left. It is strange for me to spam like that. I haven't done this before. It is fun. I have to say it is because of the mood I am in.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-14-2001, 02:00 PM   #65
Hesperex

Thanks a lot Wolgir, I think I will opt for the PDF file though. I'll wait mean while keep writing, you certainly are good at it.

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-14-2001, 06:08 PM   #66
WOLFGIR

Thank you Hesperex! Cool sounding name there, you want to make a guest apperance??

Well also check out Relics great story, I posted it some minutes ago, yeay! Three stories now! Hehe, well soon I will take time for my self and put up my own two chapters as well and start to write on the third..
Damn work and people with problems with blaste osī ...

Well a friend helps out right? Well sometimes, I wish I didnīt know that much about computers... Damn I should have been a farmer.. ehehe

Well maybe a towncrier, I always seems to rant for myself anyway..

Wolfgir leaves stage exit right mumbling to himself...

------------------

Old 03-16-2001, 06:33 AM   #67
WOLFGIR

Ouch ouch ouch, mt head hurts and my vision swirls, i got wha I deseved i guess.. Wekk at keast I did simething useful yesterday, I postd the last chapter in BKīs story on my site.. So head over if you havenīt read it!
Old 03-17-2001, 12:34 AM   #68
The.Relic
Red Dragon

My howling friend, we will just keep this up in front shall we?
Old 03-17-2001, 04:54 PM   #69
WOLFGIR

OK, well this is the beginning of the third chapter, and please bear with me cause this is my first fighting scene so please send me some feedback and pointers. OK?
------------------------
Persons :Garann barbarian sworddancer
: Elusine, Amazon warrior princess
: Grouksha, Northern orc tribe.
: Hasparan, capital city of the land.
: Gurund, Kingdom : Kleshian Empire, border empire to Gurund
: Laraes, Ranger wood elf
: Urden Split, small homlet
: Iningshanm, trade town close to Hasparan
: Nihaarat, evil god
:Nikodemus, evil Assasin

3. In the night the wolf hunts

Nikodemus heard the bards soft tunes entering the forrest, ha, he thought, now everybody will sleep nice and tight. Well best to try to take out the captain first to weaken the soldiers strength. If he wore lucky he could perhaps kill the captain and then slit that bards throught, he deserved a clean death for easing his mission he decided. Thoose clerics who had acquired his services would probably skin him alive or roast him slowly over a fire. The orcs, well they hadnīt eaten a real meal in a couple of hours..
What crowd I run with, Nikodemus thought. Well theyīre an evil bunch out to kill and to torture. Nikodemus had no problem with the killing part, we all should die and he just rescheduled our time on this place he thought. And to kill for money, so you have to eat, others steal and they have a god too.
And further to the east assasins were a respectable crowd..

The orc captain shrugged his massive shoulders, he was the one to take care of of that Barbarian and Melusine the princess. For the elf well there are alot of them left in the woods. He was sure that the orcs, 20 well trained fighters, would be enough to take out the ten guards and the amazone and her compainions. The captain had several times told Nikodemus that he had found some orcs that he knew worked for their side who had met a violant death for the barbarians blade and the princessī arrows.
Well he probably wanted to say that he wanted more money. Well donīt we all...

Laraes sat listening to the bards tales and was about to relax into the meditating state his kind used instead of sleep. A moaning sound from Garaan distracted him, hmm, probably a nightmare. Better shake him out of it Laraes thought and rose slowly. What was that? He had thought he saw something moving in the forrest. Laraes concentrated and sought for an animal helper close by, an owl in a tree not far responded. Laraes told the owl to scan the surroundings and report back as soon as he saw a threat.
The owl stretched his wings and flow out in the night. Gripping his bow and reading an arrow Laraes moved towards Garann.
"Hey", he said silent as he poked him with his bow, "wake up friend you have a nightmare".
Garann open his eyes up and in a flash was in a crouch the ringing of steel clear in the night, with sword held he looked at Laraes and said:
"We are under attack, the wolf warned me" he said looking around scanning for signs of the enemy, "lend me your sight and hearing brother" he whispered..
Just then Laraes got contact with the owl again. He looked at Garann and started for Elusine.
"Orcs and our black clad friends" he said dryly.
Garann just nodded, thinking that Laraes wouldnīt say something like that if he wasnīt sure about it. A black shadow nearly unseen stalked towrds them, hadnīt it been for a fire sending the shadows dancing Garann wouldnīt have seen him. He yeeled with the top of his lungs:
"Attack, we are under attack! To arms you dogs or the night will swollow you!" He readied himself to meet the enemy. And suddenly everything got chaotic, from the woods orcs charge in around them, he saw flashes further up the camp where the soldiers slept, screams of pain and shouts filled the night, Garann met a charging orc parring his blow and sideswept to his left letting his sword bite in the back of the orcs neck, with a thud the orc fell headless to the ground, but two more took its place and Garann smiled wickedly as he started to dance, the dance of death.
Laraes had woken Melusine and the two of them started to cut down orcs with their arrows, Melusine was a great marksman, but Laraes every arrow cut an orc down in its stride. Melusine jumped ontopp of a wagon and helped the Bard who fearlessly moved his rapier with grace, nicking an orc here, dodgung an axe there. She saw Garann executing a close to impossible move, beheading yet another orc while in the same slash severing another orcs leg by the kneejoint. Garann hunted for the foes and found one. The biggest orc he had seen rushed in on him. He rolled under a swing of the brutal axe but got a kick to his rib. Standing up he parried another slash from the orc but anticipated the shieldrush and moved easy out of the way. Letting his sword whirl over his head he beared it down heavy on the orcs shield, hearing a grunt of pain from te big orc, a chunk of the shield floew through the night, Garann saw the axe decend towrds him, not meeting it but just moved out of its deadly path he slashed after the sword arm, yet a grunt of pain. The two started to circle each other, testing each others for openings while more orcs around them fell for deadly arrows. In the last second Garann noticed a dark shape behind him, whirling around he caught the assasins blade in the thigh instead in his back, grunting with pain he saw that his sword hasd hit true and the assasin staggered back, holding his left hand against his stomach, swearing the black clad assasin retreated with arrows flowing past him. Garann rolled away anticipating the orcs attack, it barely hit him, giving him yet a wound, a small one though on his left shoulder. Garann turned around snarling, he work up speed and and his sword became whirling danger for thoose close to it, the orc backed away but not fast enough, moving with speed and agility that would make a lynx jealous, Garann let slashes and thrusts rain in on the orc. Bewildered he held his shield in front of him trying to block insted of parrying but it was to late. The barbarians massive arms giving his sharp blade the extra force it needed cut the shield in two and then a another thrust impaled the orc through the stomach, not waiting for a last death attack from the orc Garann leaped and spun in the air slashed with all he could nuster a cut that would take the orcs head off. The orc got his axe up in the last instance but parrying only with the tree handle, the last thing he saw was his axe snapping in two and then everything went black. With a howl Garann landed in a crouch quickly checking the suroundings when he saw the orcs head landing some yard away. Three black clad figures moved towards them. The bard had taking up his singing, something that made Garanns blood boil with rage. Slowly he started to advance the three figures. Elusine and Laraes held there fire, arrows knocked and ready they took aim. As one the three spread out and one started a chant.
Laraes and Elusines arrows bit through the clerics chainmail and with a gurgling sound the chanting ended, but another had chanted and throw out his hand at Laraes and Elusine, a bright flash erupted in front of them, Elusine screamed in pain and Laraes fell of the wagon, one hand holding over his eyes. Garann had adverted his head quickly and on instinct he throw one of his daggers at the third person. A clanging sound told him that this person had blocked it, but the chanting had ceased, making to excuse for himself he leaped at the third figure sword raised high, he was to late though. The figure met his attack and a bolt of blue and white shot out from her hand. Pain took him and he felt like he had been beaten all over his body at once. He lost his sword and fell to the ground. Mocking laughter reached him through the pain. The second cleric had yet again started to chant and the bard went stiff. Laraes had had enough of this, drawing his longsword and his shortsword he came charging from around the wagon, he was only minor blinded and the blured vision didnīt bothered him. His attack was halted on a black shield and his shoertsword deflected a heavy mace meant to crush his head. The elven ranger darted in and out, preventing the cleric from any more chanting, looking over his shoulder he saw the other cleric kick Garann heavy in the chest and started towards Elusine.
"Elusine" Laraes cried and with a last attack that showed the cleric back he strated to intercept the female cleric. She whipped around and met his attack too with blinfing speed, Laraes knew that he was fighting against time here, soon the cleric behind him would cast a spell at him. The spell never came and Laraes thnkful for it continued to fight the female cleric. He heard the second cleric rush him from behind, he made an awkward parry and tried to move out of a flanking position. The second cleric had anticipated this, and Laraes was in a bad situation here. Suddenly the the female cleric jerked, and Laraes saw a spearhead pointed out just below her throat, Elusine drew her spear out and planted it firmly through the clerics back, Garann howled and started to rise. The last cleric looked around and backed suddenly away from the rest and threw a flask ant the ground. Heavy mist erupted with smoke hiding him from the others and moved out into the woods. Garann, Elusine and Laraes gathered some distance away from the mist and smoke, Garann still shooking violently from the pain clenched his teeth hard and retrieved his sword.
"By the gods wrath and fury" he muttered unde clenched teeth. "Ahh, this hurts like fire through my hole body!"
Elusine took his head with her both hands. "Hold still and concentrate on nothing" she told and started a little murmer. The pain eased out and Garann took a deep breath. "Yhank you he said, and staggered alittle before regaining his ground. Laraes moved away a bit and called out mentally for the owl to see if he could find more enemies. After that he moved up the caravan and checked for survivors. When the other two caught up with them they saw that no one else had made it. With despair Elusine saw that the orcs had even killed most of the horse.
"What now?" a voice from behind said.
They looked around to see the sturdy dwarf, dressed in a chainshirt with blood sprayed all over him he leaned on a grim looking axe. The hammer and anvil sign of Moradin, the dwarfen god gleamed on his chainshirt.
"You, you have survived" Elusine said. Laraes let out a short laugh,"Ha, I knew there had to be something to the famous dwarves sturdiness" he said the first happy event so far he concluded.
"Aye, me axe have tought many orcs a lesson they will not learn from this night he said. "So what now I ask thee again, I have lost my wagon, that poor bard burst into flames shortly after he went stiff and now everything is ablaze."
The others looked around and sae that he spook the truth, through the mist and amoke a pillar of black smoke snaked towards the night sky hiding a oillar of stars as it went.
"Iīm sorry dear dwarf" Garann said.
"Bah, nothing to it, Iīm just glad you bought that armour earlier today, you look like you neaded it. Not that your fighting skills couldnīt have handle it though, but we would have to work several hours trying to find out what was hole on you and what was not". The dwarf mentioned for him to come closer. "Here boy" he said and layed his hands on Garanns leg, a soft light sprang up and the wound closed itself. The dwarf threw some bandages to Elusine, "dress his shoulder with these, he is to stubborn to let any of the rest of us do it since this is nothing to him, maybe you could smile at him and not hindering you while youīre at it" he said and smiled.
Elusine grabbed the bandage, "sit down over there she said to Garann and motioned for a barrel.
"But..." he started.
"No buts, plant you ass over there or I will syab you myself smiling as never before" she said with a mocking sweet smile.
Garann nodded and smiled himself a little and "planted" himself down on the barrel. He still was weak after the spell.
Strange, Elusine said, that spell would have made a smaller man die from the pain or at least left him quivering fro days in spams and pain. He must be tougher than I thought.
"There" she said when done, that should help you heal up quicker.
"Thank you Elusine" Garann said, " are you allright?" He questioned a bit worried.
"No Iīm fine, that spell blinded me but I countered it and could join in the battle quick enough.
"And just in time too" Laraes said. Ha and the dwarf had gathered some rations and a bit of coins and two jorses to carry the load. "WE have to get going" Laraes continued, we have to get on the way a few hours and find a saer resting place. Are you up to it Garann? You seemed to take quite a punishment there."
"No problem said Garann and took some water, a few hours of walking wont harm me" he said with a grim smile. "Our enemies are the ones hurt to be walking about. Can they attack soon again?" He asked.
"Probably not" the dwarf said, "they used up quite alot of spells attacking the soldiers and I didnīt saw many orcs that got away, at your end, your arrows and your sword, lad, killed most of them in the first wave. I kniked a couple of joints here and there too. I donīt think they will be back anytime soon."
"Well let us be off then" Garann said, "By the way, where did you learned that trick to heal me?" He asked the sturdy dwarf.
"Trick?, trick laddie?" He said amusement in his eyes," No trick, but the divine favour of Moradin the life smith" he said, as he lighted his pipe he had took out of a puch hanging from his belt. "Moradin I serve lad" he continued, "Not only as a fighter but also as a cleric. I will follow you to Iningsham, I told Laraes this befor, but after that I have to go to the mine again and try to see if I can start a new or if I will stay there and start to train a youngling in the ways of Moradin".
"So you are both a cleric and a fighter?" Elusine asked.
"Aye lass", the dwarf said, "Now let us be on our way".
They started out again towardsIningshamn. Soon they would have to rest though, it ws along trip ahead of them still.

Well thatīs it.. Hope you enjoyed it, well I did tel I woulndīt post here anymore but my serverdude is about to fidsget about with alot of reroutings and such so well the server is acting strange and I canīt update it yet.. We will see what happens..

------------------

Old 03-17-2001, 06:12 PM   #70
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Another fine edition to your story Wolfgir!! Very detailed battle descriptions! Love it! Also the character Moradin was very intrigueing (sorry for the spelling) I can't wait to read more!

------------------