Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Mad

Damn DAMN Arghhhh....

okai its not that bad...but close!

After reading all of Eddings books and all of Salvatores books and the Tolkien ( yawn! ) I am not stuck...nothing new from these...except a drizzt book a year! that wont do...so I started reading dragonlance...I´ve started out with chronicles and now I am stuck...I have not the faintest idea of what books are next in line...so could anyone help me pleas

[ 04-27-2004, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

the Legends series is good with Time of the Twins, Test of the Twins, and the other twins book I can't recall. Also most anything by Richard Knaak (I love minotars and he writes them the way I've always envisioned them, very klingon in outlook) "The Legend of Huma" and "Kaz the Minotaur" are a good place to start ("Land of the Minotaurs" follows and is decent as a sequel to Kaz, but not great by any means).

Other than that, pick up the short story anthologies and find authors you like or stories you enjoy, I've heard good things about Weasels Luck and the sequels, it's about Sturm's ancestors.

I personally try to avoide the preludes, because they rewrite the history of the characters as given in the chronicles trilogy and I hate having my history ripped up in front of my eyes.

The two books (I think a third is out now) about the draconian engineer brigade is alot of fun to read but I can't recall the names. Most things by Weis and Hickman are safe and fairly good as well. Don Perrin is also fair to good for books.

[ 04-26-2004, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 04-26-2004, 01:14 PM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

thnx....that sounds like a sound plan to me...I enjoy reading about Tas and Fizban too...
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:34 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

I've just finished Dragons of a fallen sun of the War of souls trilogy. It's great so far, written by Weis and Hickman and well it's a little bit spoilerish but since you said you liked Tas
he is in this book as well and as funny as always [img]smile.gif[/img]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I strongly recommend the war of souls trilogy, the 3rd one is the best, and their easily as good as forgotten realms sagas.