Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I bought this game recently but hadn't had the time to play it. I installed it tonight and so far all I've had are problems with it. Basically it doesn't work. The first time I fired it up and got to the menu where you choose a side, the choices kept scrolling repeatedly and quickly, to the point where I couldn't choose anything. After a bit of troubleshooting I worked out that the problem was apparently my Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Mouse - now why wouldn't EA have tested for that?

I ended up getting a patch from the EA Denmark site (I don't even know if it's legit as it's not on the official EA US page, but feedback on other forums is that it works. So I installed it, and it did fix my scrolling through the menus problem. But now when I try and play a game, it crashes just as finish all my team selections and get to the loading screen for a match. I haven't been able to find a resolution to this issue yet. Can anyone help?

Otherwise this game is heading straight for the bin and I'll be getting the Konami Winning Eleven game instead. I assume there's a roster patch for that already?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:58 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Woould it be possible for you to test the game without the Patch and your Keyboard/mouse?
Just to see if it is the patch that's causing the crash?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I managed to find a fix for my problem - I don't know which of these actions fix it, and there appears to be an element of randomness as well, but I managed to get it working again (though it doesn't work all the time). Here's what I did (in this order):

1. Rebooted my PC.
2. Unplugged my USB Logitech Rumblepad.
2. Disabled my Norton Internet Security.
3. Disabled my Norton Antivirus Auto-Protect.
4. Logged off my NAV.
5. Went to Task Manager and did an End Process on everything that had my username on it, excluding CCAAP.exe (I couldn't end this for some reason), taskmgr.exe and explorer.exe. I also excluded everything that was a NETWORK, SYSTEM or LOCAL SYSTEM process.
6. Re-plugged in my Rumblepad.
7. Fired up FIFA 06.

Now this is where the element of randomness comes in. If I can hear the FIFA soundtrack playing, then it means that I'll be able to play a game. If not, I just have to start the entire process all over again.

BUT...I must be cursed or something to have so many issues with my game. Now I'm having a problem with my mouse cursor getting stuck during the Team Management screens during a game. It gets stuck at a point and then I can't see where my mouse it. I've been forced to use my gamepad to make substitutions (I randomly pressed keys to work out which keys did what) but I can't change formations as I don't know which key selects the Formations button. I'm guessing this is related to the Logitech Cordless controller bug? I have a cordless mouse and keyboard.

I can't believe how buggy this game is.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:49 AM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Get it on console Memnoch. I got Fifa Road to World Cup when it first came out..great game but ends as soon as you qualify *sighs*

All on the '360 though, tis a beautiful thing.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #5
Zebodog

I don't have any experience with FIFA, but I had my share of problems with NHL.

Same menu issue until I re-calibrated all of my controllers. I think it was the joystick that caused the issue.

Another thing I found with EA Sports is they're pretty finicky with what patch you use if any.
The entire EA Sports Franchise has steadily been going down hill since about 2002. It almost seems as though they are assuming fans will buy the new version just because it's the new version. Sounds like FIFA is heading the same way.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:28 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The problem is, fans are hooked and if they have a problem with 06, they believe EA when they say that the problems will be fixed in 07...

Old 06-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
Zebodog

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
The problem is, fans are hooked and if they have a problem with 06, they believe EA when they say that the problems will be fixed in 07...
And that's crap. I remember EA way back with Earl Weaver Baseball, and didn't they even publish Starflight? EA used to be a name that you could trust.

I suppose most probably don't remember Starflight.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare...tarflight.html

found it...
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote