Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2002, 06:53 PM   #21
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Larry I'm gonna get that poster in my bedroom too. We can be poster buddies.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:43 PM   #22
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This is not the official poster, nor is it the only one that exists...it is just my favorite. I would tell you why Arwen is in the second movie, but I do not want to give out spoilers...let it suffice to say that Tolkien briefly mentioned some background items that were in effect, and even Gimli picked up on how the Gray Riders knew that Aragorn needed their help in the ensuing battle that is to take place in the third movie, but he never explained exactly how the Gray Riders were told to go help...though it is hinted at...

I can say no more...plus, I am nearing the edge of getting this thread moved to the book/movie forum. I only wanted to show off a very lovely picture.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:22 PM   #23
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Oh puh-lease!! I won't deny that even I think Liv Tyler looks fantastic on that pic, I mean, woooow.... [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] *cough* Anyway I was saying, you have got to be kidding! I don't think it's the *women* they are trying to lure by putting Arwen in that movie... [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]
I dunno Mel, I'm inclined to agree a little with khazadman on this one. Not so much about making Arwen a bigger part but in really making the hard sell when it comes to the Arwen-Aragorn love story in order to get lovestory fans who wouldn't otherwise pay full box-office prices to see the film to shell out their bucks to go and see it in the cinema. It's a pretty sound business move on the part of the producers and doesn't negatively affect the story in any way (the love story is a real part of the books anyway), so I don't blame them at all.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:35 PM   #24
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Since the Two Towers is supposed to be partially based on the battle for Middle Earth (that's what it's called, right?), they should have the two forces on opposite sides at the bottom of the poster. There should be more included in this poster, as it lacks that eye-catching quality.
This is a just a poster
There's LotR poster whichj only shows the nazgul
ya can;t say that really repesents the movie now can ya
[/QUOTE]I know, it's just my preference.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:51 PM   #25
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

Miranda Otto also appeared in a film called The Well. That's if you want to do any...er...research into her.

There is also a Two Towers poster showing the two towers themselves, one tower very close up, the other in the distance, with Sauron's forces swarming underneath. I have that hanging up in my room, as well as the poster from The Fellowship of the Ring.

I like Larry's pic, (Liv Tyler looks gorgeous), but I think it's abit white.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:19 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Oh puh-lease!! I won't deny that even I think Liv Tyler looks fantastic on that pic, I mean, woooow.... [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] *cough* Anyway I was saying, you have got to be kidding! I don't think it's the *women* they are trying to lure by putting Arwen in that movie... [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]
Sorry Mel I have to disagree. You know how you ladies insist on a bit of 'love interest' in your films.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-26-2002, 06:01 AM   #27
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Sorry Mel I have to disagree. You know how you ladies insist on a bit of 'love interest' in your films.
Ah, sod off you
You know very well that the only thing I demand from a movie is good subtitles!

Oh and Hierophant, I'm not saying there isn't a certain type of woman [img]tongue.gif[/img] who needs a love story, but take it from me as a woman (there's an argument you can't get past ) that this is NOT the case for most of us - just give me the LOTR story! And again, honestly, I don't think Liv Tyler is there to attract women, pretty as she may be. Every guy I know drooled over her in the first movie, while the women seem to prefer Orlando Bloom (Legolas) and Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn)