Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2001, 02:33 AM   #1
Windrunner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mine is of course the Ranger. Call me partial, but with an extra attack, the ability to gain clerical spells at level eight, and no weapon or armor restrictions, the ability to hide in shadows, you just can't him(or her, your preference). And as always, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

------------------

The Windrunner, Ranger of the Wolf Clan
Windrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 04:28 AM   #2
Khanar
Manshoon

Half elven, male b-b-bard. The one and only "Mini-Mage".
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 04:31 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Aside from the obvious, I like those Elven thieves, or mage/thieves. Just can't beat that 19 Dex.

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 10:23 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

gnomish cleric/illusionist is more powerfull than he seems. sure he lacks some wisdom thus missing a preist spell here and there. but he makes up for it with his extra magely spells. as a gnome, he gets to wear the helm of the trusted defender, which makes him immune to all the fatigue affects of any of the spells he casts. if he's lucky, he'll get the potion of holy transference when malavon dies; +1wiz, -1dex. with the cat's grace spell, that dex jumps back up to 20 for added AC bonus.. Tenser's transformation, yay i'm a fighter too! but who really needs it when you can cast protection from fire, then fireball yourself? HOW makes the fire resistance less than perfect, but that's still ok.
mirror immage and stone skin make him rock solid.. if all else fails, cast "sancturary" and heal up (while turning undead). The EVIL gnome can cast some bad-guy priest spells, but misses out on the big heal (though he gets the big hurt). and as an illusionist, no necromancy spells (and in HOW, no abjuration either ) but who needfs necromancy when you got preist spells? and who needs abjuration when you're a crack monkey who hastes, chants, blood furyies and never gets tired?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 07:09 PM   #5
Glycerine
Manshoon

An Elf Thief would be good, but I personally went with a Halfling Theif.

In my opinion, no party is complete without a Human Paladin. (Unless of course that party is evil...)

Glycerine
Glycerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 10:19 PM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

It's a close one between the classic Constitution 19 Dwarf Fighter and the almost equaly reliable Human Paladin. I enjoy playing both at various time but never can decide wich I like best (depends on if I'm feeling slightly more destructive or chivalric).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 10:43 PM   #7
Glycerine
Manshoon

Very true...a dwarf fighter with a 19 con makes a pretty effective tank...to say the least...

Glycerine
Glycerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 04:46 PM   #8
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i would hafta say an elven fighter/mage. great tank w/ 19 dex (AC), and the ability to use defensive spells so that he can still cast is just super.

------------------
[font color=silver]Pretty pretty walks the night, pretty pretty fears the light. Pretty pretty has no soul. Pretty pretty[/font color=silver][font color=black] black as coal. Step in shadow, left a husk, killed in moments after dusk.[/font color=black][font color=gold] Step in shadow you are prey, pray you live to see the day. Steep the street and see the war that leaves them killed.[/font color=gold][font color=green] See the flow from wound and neck! Was that your friend? Well best you check! [/font color=green][font color=yellow]Members gone and guild will fail! Best you fight the tooth and nail! Run you can't the war will find! To haunt your dreams and haunt your mind! Watch your friends and watch the death! Watch your eyes and hold your breath! [/font color=yellow][font color=blue]Join or die! You cannot flee! Watch the death...in front of me...in front of...me...Run you can't! The war will find! Run you can't! The war will find! AHHHHHhahahahah!!!!!!
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 05:17 PM   #9
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Anything that shoots a bow. I wish IWD had archer kits like BG2. Oh well.

I suppose if I had to pick a class, I'd say Druid. It isn't the most powerful, but shapechange Fire Elemental lets you get in the thick of things while the mage shoots off a fireball or two.

My second favorite would be a Bard. Bardsongs rock.

Third would be a Paladin, just fits my demeanor.

IMHO, none of these are as strong as a fighter with **** in bows.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 12:47 AM   #10
Greadius
The Magister

Gnome cleric/illusionist are wonderful in a party.

My favorite PC is the human paladin as well. Its the only class I have always played in BG-IWD-BG2. Also the only character I've finished the games with. Its the detect evil ability I think. Takes the ambiguity out of decision making. Evil = dies. Everything else = lives.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote