Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2001, 11:14 PM   #1
Lord Vaskulus N'Vareth Vaskaron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heya folks,

I'm glad because I'm a newbie and I have something to contribute!

As you may have read, I was looking for a way to earn gold quickly, and spent hours doing the Rumphy Run (which incidently is a great method because you gain experience as well 1159 per char). However, I got curious as to the "Inn bug" where you could double your gold and I wanted to try it, but was sunk because I had "installed" the patch.

Turns out, no problem!! The games are interchangeable. I installed the game on my laptop computer, (I normally play on my desktop) machine, did NOT install the patch, brought over my save directory and roster.dat file-- sure enough my game worked just fine. I went to the Inn, followed the gold procedure, and now I don't have to worry about gold for a very long time.

I brought my save games and roster.dat back to my desktop machine, everything works just fine, and I still have the gold.

So here's what I did just for grins and giggles: I put the 5 patch files in a directory and the 5 original files in a directory and I just switch them back and forth. If I need gold, I put the original files back and for stability, I put in the patch files.

Before you try this, OF COURSE, back up everything so you don't lose progress, but I've done it about ten times now and had NO problems whatsoever.

Happy Gaming!
Old 11-15-2001, 01:05 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFLMAO!!! Now THAT has to be one of the most UNIQUE solutions I've heard! A true Lateral thinker!

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:45 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

GREAT TIP!!!!

Maybe you should add it to the BEST TIPS ?? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyv
Old 11-15-2001, 01:06 PM   #4
Jason Leonard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You could also just do a nice batch file to achieve this. Create 2 directories, one called "patch" and one called "original". You can figure out which files go in which directories (of course, only the files that are affected by the patch). Then just have a batch for playing patch and a batch file for playing normal. not only could it copy the appropriate files in the directory but it could also launch the game.

If you wanted to step it up a notch, too, you could write a VB app to do all this with the W&W icon built into it and that be the exe you run to play the game.
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote