Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2004, 04:19 PM   #11
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I`d like to be filthy rich as Bill Gates/Roman Abramovich/Silivio Berlusconi just to name few.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:43 PM   #12
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

sure I do, mostly someone rich and famous, anyway, welcome back [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2004, 10:14 PM   #13
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Of course, why do you think I play RPGs? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It is a very natural wish/reaction to the every day drudgery and suffering that is revealed and perceived in the world in our everyday lives. For me, its like that gentle childhood yearning for something more...

Yet it should ideally remain an idle wish or longing for our own health and wellbeing.
For we all must come to terms with the selves and who we are one day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Interesting to hear if others relate this to roleplaying or not. I guess it depends on how much meaning it has in one's life or whether its just recreation and fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 05-29-2004, 08:21 PM   #14
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

You are not the only who wants to be someone else Spirits Forever.
I have wanted to be someone else millions of times. Usually because they look like they have a better life then my own life.
But just be careful, sometimes wanting someone elses life can be signs of depression...believe me, I know.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 05-30-2004, 09:59 AM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Nope, I like myself and I love life.

I'm broke, but apart from that everything is good - I'm in fairly good health, I have a lot of fun, I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach, a fridge full of beer, lots of good friends, a doting parrot, and I am living with the man I love. What more could I want out of life? (Apart from a bit of money to pay the bills of course [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 05-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #16
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Glad to hear you're doing better these days, Spirits Forever.

I can't say I've ever wished I was anyone else though, I'm happy with life. I'm very lucky, in numerous areas, and while I have problems and worries sometimes, it's important to realize that there isn't a single person on earth who doesn't have them too. I find life's hurdles educational and empowering too though, so it's not like I even hate setbacks per se. When things are rough, I know better times are always right round the corner, and focusing on that and my own blessings in life help to keep me going.

If I owned a soapbox, I'd now be stepping off it.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:03 AM   #17
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

No. I love my life... but then... I cannot help but think what other people are thinking... of ME.

I mean I don't want to be someone else... but heck i would sure love to know what people think of me... because I don't want people to get hurt because of me... or be annoyed, irritated or what-have-you...
Old 05-31-2004, 09:07 PM   #18
AlecBaldwin
Welcomed New User

I wish i was Cyan from Final Fantasy 3 the greatest game ever, now how cool would that be.

I also think this is why RPG's are so popular, you're living another life in another land where your problems are differnt and fun.

How surreal.

[ 05-31-2004, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: AlecBaldwin ]
Old 05-31-2004, 10:28 PM   #19
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Nope, never wished to be someone else. Have sometimes wished I didn't exist, but being someone else would just be worse since looking at me from an outside perspective, I guess I'm pretty lucky. Despite that, like I said, I often wish I didn't exist. Anyway, that's an interesting point there Bahamut, I often wonder what people think about me too. I think they think I'm a confident, relatively popular, and relatively clever guy, but I feel the exact opposite inside much of the time. Oh well...
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-01-2004, 03:08 AM   #20
uss
20th Level Warrior

Nope, I like my life very much. I'm still striving towards Japan in every way possible, because it's quite different from what the people around me want to do, and because I love it. [img]smile.gif[/img]