Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2001, 01:56 AM   #1
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Continuing from the previous thread...

Informed of the connection between her father's death and Ravenwood, Mistral is at her ancestral home receiving visitors and sorting out her thoughts...

Having overheard the conversation between Mistral and the Matron Mother, Maverick is galloping his way to seek assistance in protecting Chani...

Experiencing the first pangs of foreboding in relation to her past, Spree is sharing her distress with Deiter...

Having perused Mistral's brief note explaining her absence, Larry is pondering over his next course of action...

Thirsty for adventure over the past few days, Sephi continues hanging around the tavern, waiting for things to happen...

Exhausted and frail from their earlier encounters with mindflayers and the like, Kaz and Neb are recuperating at the tavern...

[EDIT: I've changed the title of this thread, since the progress of Spree's main plot will be delayed and we may exceed the 150-mark without even reaching Ravenwood.]

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 02:17 AM   #2
mistral4543

(ooc: Reproducing the last post here )

Mistral

As they reach the gate, she hurriedly shouts her orders for the driver to stop. Hastily paying him, she hops off the coach while Isabeau swoops out, shrieking at the strangers standing before her. The coach takes off and Mistral's eyes widen in recognition at a familiar face. ~ "Cora! Did the Matron Mother send you here, and if so, why?..." ~

Her eyes gleaming with admiration, Cora replies smoothly ~ "Perhaps it might be better to talk inside the mansion." ~ She lowers her voice ~ "It isn't safe to talk out in the open like this." ~

Mistral's face blushes ~ "Of course! Where have my manners gone to?" ~ Reaching to hold Cora's hand, she urges the group ~ "Please, come with me. We shall have a good talk over this." ~ She ushers her guests forward and they step into the house...

Her jaws drop as she finds a circle of mages waiting expectantly for her ~ "Yet more surprises!... I need not guess now; the Arch Mage must have sent you here as well." ~ Gesturing for all to be seated, she continues ~ "There must be something serious going on, for all of you to be here... is it to do with my father's death? Yet this is a personal matter..." ~

Sensing the stir among her audience, she looks down in embarassment ~ "I... I hope I do not sound ungrateful. The heavens know how grateful I am for your company right now... I'm just so overwhelmed by how events are spinning out of control at my end... please, if there is anything I should know, do not hesitate to share it with me." ~

The silence remains for only ten seconds. Gradually, voices speak up, some hushed, others urgent. For the next hour, the House of Freelight is shrouded by tension, as the parties reveal their respective bits of information.
Old 11-14-2001, 12:59 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

After some of the customers leave, Larry runs over to the tables and collects the dirty plates, silverware, and cleans off the table. He did not receive any tips, to his frustration. Hauling the dishes to the back, he made a gesture to Deiter of his departure into the Kitchen area to wash the dishes. They did not have many dishes yet, so Larry had to keep the few they did have cleaned. This also gave him some time to think about the past few days. He was missing Mistral badly, and needed a distraction to keep from going crazy. Placing the dishes into the washing bin, he began to scrub the grime off of them.
He did not complain about his new duties. He was earning an honest gold piece, and was living a safe life. Mistral was glad to know that he would not be blundering into unknown danger and a quick death anymore. Yet his heart yearned for the lust of a battle, as much as it did for his new wife. He felt his cheeks flush as he thought of that. He was certainly a different person these days. Thinking more of her now than he did before! He did not even bother wearing Nightblade around his waste, though he knew that a simple command would bring her racing to his hand.
Chaos was getting bigger, eating everything in sight, and some things that were not meant to be edible. He was getting quicker and sneakier as well. He was going to make a fine friend.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 02:08 PM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz watched Spree, Deiter and Larry. They all seemed disturbed somehow. She pondered asking them what was going on, then decided to wait. Not now. I still feel exhausted... I must look like a ghost. I've hardly eaten or slept in days. Settling down, Kaz let her thoughts drift. Much of her memories had returned, she was trying to piece them together.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 02:15 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb had more or less pieced together what had happened during the last few days, many of his memories having returned after having slept and eaten, he pondered what the assasins had been doing, working with those mind flayers.... But he decided that it would have to be a mystery for another day, he sat down at a table pondering what he would do now, he could hardly imagine a life not constantly on the move, but at the same time he longed to settle down and stay somewhere for more than a few days.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 03:15 PM   #6
mistral4543

A dull ache spreads from her heart to the rest of her body as she wearily sits herself on the ground. ~ I miss Larry... ~ Wiping the beads of perspiration from her temples and trickle of blood from the corners of her mouth, she surveys the scars on her arms and legs. ~ Perhaps he will be repulsed by my appearance... ~ Her eyes close and she breathes deeply ~ No... as usual, I do no justice to him... ~

Reaching into the folds of her robe, she extracts a delicate piece of mirror - one of the twin wedding gifts a certain Elif Godson had presented to them. She had by now remembered who he was; the charismatic senior member of the ALSB who had allowed her to leave Waverider's lair wihout having to join their clan. ~ And I told him I would never hail Aerie until I was convinced that she was worthy of such worship... ~ A hundred years seem to have passed since that fateful day.

She shakes her head in annoyance at the distraction and lifts the mirror before her face. Peering into it for the first time today, she sees her beloved, as usual washing dishes and helping out at the tavern. Over the past week, she had witnessed Chaos' rapid growth, and he appeared to be spurting into a full-sized monster. Her lips part to scream at her husband, but she clamps her mouth hurriedly. ~ I ought to be glad I can scry on Larry for 3 times a day, which I've taken advantage of all this while... it is really too much to expect to be able to communicate with him through a mirror. ~ Though aware of the single teleporting skill granted by the mirror per day, she had never utilised it; there was just no telling when she might need it in an emergency.

Looking around, she discovers that all eyes are on her: curious, sympathetic, and pitying. She bites her trembling lips and blinks away the tears fast gathering in her eyes, before speaking ~ "Thank you, my sisters, for all you have done. I certainly feel much fitter after these days of training; particularly my magical powers. I am sure I have gained at least a level or two."

She can say no more. Keeping the mirror, she gets up, dusts herself and gestures for everyone to follow her to the dining hall, where food is ready for the ravenous states of all. All, except herself...

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 11-14-2001, 03:28 PM   #7
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Her thoughts wandered to her parents. I wonder... who were they? Where did they come from? Do I have any family somewhere? Aunts or uncles, cousins? How I wish I knew more about my past...
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 04:11 PM   #8
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: The title's fine Mistral. OK, this post will be for Chani, and then I will have a HUGE post for Maverick's journey across Fearun. Me and Midget worked out when he should be way-laid and aided, and the course he should take in 5th period. Took a map of Amn, the sword coast, AND baldur's gate, but we got it!)

Chani Ravenwood

~She focused her eyes regrettfully upon the counter, following the oblong curves of the grain. She felt remotely cold, despite the warm breeze of the day. Her fingers were numb with cold. Something unknown and seemingly immortal coursed through her distraught veins as the scythe on her wrist glowed with a dim ferocity. Her eyes turned confused, I haven't been sick since... Since before I could run! She looked over at Deiter, her voice cautious. She didn't want to insite worry.~ "D... Detier? I think I've caught something." ~She shivered. Her entire body seemed colder than a corpse.~ "Maybe my fore-head's warm?" ~In all truth the fore-head was cold as ice. But she dis-regarded her judgement mistaking this odd intuition as a fever or flu.~

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 04:51 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

The ever-restless Sephi stood up in his room, contstructing a crude dummy to absorb the blows of his blade. First he found a decent piece of hickory wood and began to carve it up in the shape of a man. Satisfied with the new dummy, Sephi drew his sowrd and sprung into an attack to begin training. Within a few minutes there were notches all over the dummy, and some of the limbs he carved out for it were sliced off and laying halfway across the room. A knock came at his door, and the frustrated Sephi yelled back an indignat WHAT!? He jams his sword into the dummy and leaves it there, wedged into the main body.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 05:35 PM   #10
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Maverick Shadowfall

Day One

~Maverick continued to press the horse dubbed 'Toxin' for the better part of a day. The stallion jaunted on gamely, but it was an obvious attempt to wear and dislodge his rider. Maverick had been riding since about the time he could walk however, and there was no breaking him from the saddle. By sunset the horse was lathered in sweat and ready to collapse. Maverick eyed the surrounding wilderness warily, stopping the equine.~ "It's only about an hour on foot now." ~The draft creature breathed heavily as Maverick removed his tack and let him go. He began the walk on the wooded trail to Umar.~

Day Two

~At reaching Imnesville, the wood-elf breathed relief.~ "My time is good. And the ruins at the base of the mountains are not far." ~Unwinded, he only stopped at a local tavern for a warm meal. Drawing his cloak tighter around him, he finished this day walking to the temple ruins of Amuanator, just north of the Umar Hills, and sleeping.~

Day Three

~The only clear path to the temple ruins was from the Umar Hills. And the only way to the cloudpeaks was past the temple ruins. He trecked silently through the dark forest, trying to keep unoticed. The journey was not far, but this neck could well be dangerous. He made it through the ruins without trouble by high-noon, and found himself at the foot of the fang pass, which would, indefinately take him through the cloudpeaks. He eagerly pressed on, barely stopping to feed himself. His gaurd was let down and he was attacked by a rag-tag troup of migrating gibberlings.~ "Damn! I'm a Bhaal spawn if I can get into any more trouble!" ~The gibberlings however, were quickly and easily disposed of by the quick daggers of Maverick Shadowfall.~

Day Four

~On this day Nashkell was reached. He re-supplied and rested here for half the day, upon which his presense was acknowledged by fellow cut-throats. He was supplied then with fresh horse, of a refined and stamina beant breed. With such he was assured passage to Candlekeep by the next mornint, should he cut the corner of Beregost. The wood-elf grunted, patting the grey mare's head.~ "All right then."

Day Five

~The mare lived up to standards, being both fast and efficient. A cut from trade way to the way of the lion tore traveling time in half. She was passed off as again Maverick met with thieves. An elf recognized as Rediar warned him.~ "We won't go so far north as Baldur's Gate, and you can expect no more aid Shadowfall." ~Maverick nodded his head grimly, accepting the provisions and small boat that would carry him down the river Chionthar.~

Day Six

~Maverick bit his lip, eying the moon that night as the small boat rocked to and fro. The river ran through the Cloakwood forest where beasts and woe were said to be afoot, but he did not anticipate provoking anything in the dead of night. A sudden jerk rocked the boat and Maverick cursed, holding his breath as the boat capsized. He swum to the surface, black eyes searching for the source. He swam to the bank, assuming he was close to the end of the forest. He heard a bark from behind, like that of a small dog. Facing him from the other side of the river was a kobold, and a number of his kobold friends. Maverick held his hand up in peace, but the monster would have none of it. The whole mass of them charged.~ "Bloody hell." ~The battle commenced and left Maverick fairly battered, and the kobold, as well as all of his friends, dead.~

Day Seven

~Maverick's was a cry of anguish as he realized he would have to swim the last leg of his journey to Baldur's Gate. The river was not truly wide, rather hosted a number of encumbring currents. He tossed his head in a determined fashion, and swam the channel to the city. The remaining walk was long enough to dry his clothes off, as he traveled around to the nearest entrance to the fortress.~

Day Eight

~He awoke regrettfully in the tavern known as the Blushing Mermaid.~ "Ah I awake to another day of misfortune and pain." ~He traveled across the city, making it to the back road known as 'black dragon's gate.' He grimaced. Waterdeep was not exceptionally far, but it was three days to Ravenwood from there. He had taken naught but his first step when a voice sounded behind.~ "Ey there boy, wanna bit of a gamble?" ~He turned around slightly agitated, seeing a smug looking mage. His blood near boiled over. I HATE mages. He figured he could cheat this magic-user out of whatever useful he owned, and agreed. The mage pointed a finger at Maverick.~ "I'll owe ye a debt if you can answer me naught but three questions. I've yet to find the man who can truthfully say all three." ~The assassin nodded his head and the mage grinned.~

The mage's 3 questions.

"What then, may I ask, is your name?"

~The wood-elf gave a quizzical look.~ "Maverick Shadowfall."

~The mage smiled.~ "Who do you work for?"

~His smirk widened.~ "The Shadow Thieves of Athkatla."

~The mage clapped his hands.~ "And where do you head?"

~He held his hand close to his dagger, lest this mage be sent to kill him.~ "Ravenwood."

~The mage laughed.~ "I've been sent then to help you friend!" ~He began casting a spell and Maverick soon found himself spinning out of control.~
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote