Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 10:40 AM   #1
cattya
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

I have a paladin who has had the same shield since the beginning of the game. I am not able to remove the shield to give her a more powerful shield. When I try to remove the shield a prompt comes up and says something about the shield being a permanent item. I don't mind if she always has to have a shield, I just want her to have a better one. Why can't I change the shield? Any ideas? She has a large shield + 1 but I have more powerful ones that I want her to be able to use.

Thanks.
cattya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 12:03 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Is it a cursed item? Try casting Remove Curse on your Paladin.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 06:19 PM   #3
cattya
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Doesn't seem to be a cursed item. I had someone cast the 'get rid of curse' spell and still can't remove shield. help!
Old 11-23-2002, 06:33 PM   #4
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

Just to be sure, go to the temple in Kulduhar and talk to the priest using the paladin, then choose to buy the Remove Curse spell. If that doesn't work, you would seem to have an issue with your game. Make sure you patch it if you haven't already. You can also try downloading Dalekeeper, which is a program that will allow you to edit your characters and their items when the game is not running. BUT if the remove curse doesn't work, you probably have a game problem that should be fixed instead of using Dalekeeper. You may need to reinstall from scratch. Get the patch before playing if you have to reinstall.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 10:13 AM   #5
cattya
Elite Waterdeep Guard

went into dalekeeper and was able to manually remove the shield. thanks.
this is my second time through the game so i think the game is ok, just some fluke that didn't allow me to remove the shield. i just kept forgetting that the shield didn't come off, and i just didn't get around to making a big deal about removing it until now. anyways, i appreciate the help.

however, i have another pickle. my bard should be having 8th and 9th level spells by now. he is level 27 (i know, i know - again i have to plead forgetfulness and just thinking i had to move up more levels before i got those spells, but since i'm almost to the max of level 30 i'm thinking something's amiss). so, i went into dalekeeper and upped the max memorization number for levels 8 + 9 to a couple of spells (it was set at 0). When i go back to the game, no boxes appear at level 8 + 9 for him to memorize spells in. What gives? Help please.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:23 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Refer to the HoW .pdf manual. You will get no level 9 spell slots for a Bard. You get your first and only level 8 spell slot at character level 29. There is no problem with your game in this regard.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote