Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2001, 06:09 PM   #1
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have reached Shurugeon Castle and understand you have to walk back into the forest to find an entrance into the castle. The Amazoni man traps wipe out my party in a matter of seconds before I can barely get off any spells. Any specific strategy to follow? Any particular spells to cast? What kills these things? I'll never make it past this point and am very frustrated. HELP!!! Do you have to kill them to get past here?
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 06:15 PM   #2
Moni

Keep your distance, use Fire Spells!
Read the thread "Holy Moly Mantraps! I am Dust!" submitted by Barbara for more specific techniques for dealing with others that are north of where you found these.

Good Luck!
: )
Moni
Old 01-15-2001, 06:47 PM   #3
adam mage

I wasn't kidding about this Moni
with this last Mantrap, I did what you guys suggested at the other post...
I played Merry-go-around with with it up north at the broken-down hut. it didn't work for me... so I had him through the trees...

Avalon - what type of Fire spells do you have? Flamedrop will buy you a few seconds to gather your other spells/scrolls to strike, Burning Haze is even better (it's like Flamedrop but only more hit points)
Old 01-15-2001, 07:15 PM   #4
Moni

That ring around the rosey thing must have only worked for me because there was a lil rat guy standing at the top of that path through the trees & the Mantrap could not pass him. Guess I got lucky!
: )
Old 01-16-2001, 12:22 AM   #5
Werdna
Dungeon Master

Meteor works wonders also.
Werdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 07:37 AM   #6
GrimReaper

Flamedrop...Run!

Flamedrop...Run!

Flamedrop...Run!

That's how I beat them the first time.

This time around I plan on trying different options. Might even try Summon Creature or Summon Undead.

But for now! Flamedrop...RunAway!!!!

NEE! NEE!
Old 01-16-2001, 09:56 PM   #7
Gilgamesh
Dungeon Master

Yeah, this was frustrating. Flamestrike was my highest spell when I first met them. I did actually manage to kill one this way, which exhausted my Mana. Three more promptly showed up, I promptly gagged then died. I guess this is cheating, but I did a game reset at this point, got my experience and spell ability up and easily wiped them out with Firestorm (Meteorstorm works equally as well). I ran ahead of them into the castle, climbed to the top of the watchtower and blasted them safely out of their reach. This strategy should work with Flamestrike if you can sustain the Mana.

Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 10:27 PM   #8
Lexidus

There are two safe spots here..one just to the left of the Black Hand guy Scanthril. An opening in the trees kinda small. If you walk through here you run smack into them mantraps. Run back through and they can't follow and get stuck. Meteor or Fire away at them =). (this is about an inch from the Black hand if looking at entire map, go easily)

You can also run into the castle and sit on top where the switch is (or near by) and fire away with no prob.
Try this out. I love the first =) You can go to town and unload some ppl and gain good exp for your wiz & priest depending on your party make up.
Old 01-16-2001, 10:27 PM   #9
Lexidus

There are two safe spots here..one just to the left of the Black Hand guy Scanthril. An opening in the trees kinda small. If you walk through here you run smack into them mantraps. Run back through and they can't follow and get stuck. Meteor or Fire away at them =). (this is about an inch from the Black hand if looking at entire map, go easily)

You can also run into the castle and sit on top where the switch is (or near by) and fire away with no prob.
Try this out. I love the first =) You can go to town and unload some ppl and gain good exp for your wiz & priest depending on your party make up.
Old 01-17-2001, 06:33 AM   #10
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have used Flamestrike with my Wizard and managed to kill three by ducking around corner of castle. I know there are two more out there, but managed to somehow avoid them by running around and am now in the castle. Wonder if I will have to deal with them when I get out. Thanks guys for all your help. I really appreciate having somewhere to go for help when you need it. By the way, I think this is a terrific game and am obsessed with wanting to play all the time. Thanks again.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote