Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2004, 07:01 AM   #181
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
another bad thing about smoking, your walls might turn yellow because of the chemicals. im just wondering if you are in that room for a long time u might still get lung cancer.
Actually, i've seen this before, in fact i'm told my great grandmother used to wash the walls of her old house twice a year to remove the smoke stains.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #182
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
Actually, i've seen this before, in fact i'm told my great grandmother used to wash the walls of her old house twice a year to remove the smoke stains.
You should have seen the walls at my old house when we washed them before moving out... 4 years of my parent's smoke cleansed from them. I couldn't remember seeing them so clean... or the ceilings, for that matter.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:18 AM   #183
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
[....]It's no different than people who drink, join churches, or worse[....]
What do you mean join churches?
do you mean all churches are bad?
or religions?
I understood that statement to mean you dislike all churches, please be careful.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:40 AM   #184
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
or religions?
I understood that statement to mean you dislike all churches, please be careful.
[/QUOTE]No No No Intrepid. I go to chuch every Sunday and I'm quite active in the church. I mean that some people will join the church as a way of fitting in; in order to belong to something, you know.

It seems like you didn't read the entire thread.. might want to read it again.

[ 12-05-2004, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 12-05-2004, 08:16 AM   #185
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
You should have seen the walls at my old house when we washed them before moving out... 4 years of my parent's smoke cleansed from them. I couldn't remember seeing them so clean... or the ceilings, for that matter. [/QUOTE]Yeah, i don't like the idea of smoking inside, and, if they must they should have specific non smoking rooms, must suck to hate cigarettes as much as you do and to be in a smoking house like that, personally it doesn't bother me to much, although i do like to be able to sleep in a smoke (even if it's just the smell) free area.

Ohh! this is a great trick! pour diesel on your parent's cigarettes, it's a great trick, i did it to Jonny C, it really does encourage them to quit smoking, small amounts of black powder are pretty effective too, not large amounts, that would be dangerous.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:19 AM   #186
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Intrepid, sometimes you're a little, or a lot scary!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:21 AM   #187
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
quote:
or religions?
[/QUOTE]No No No Intrepid. I go to chuch every Sunday and I'm quite active in the church. I mean that some people will join the church as a way of fitting in; in order to belong to something, you know.

It seems like you didn't read the entire thread.. might want to read it again.
[/QUOTE]OK
very sorry for jumping to conclusions
Thankyou very much for clearing that up, and i did read that post, i just quote the part i was reffering to.
Thanks again, sorry if i misinterpreted [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #188
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Intrepid, sometimes you're a little, or a lot scary!
Why thankyou!
Old 12-05-2004, 11:45 PM   #189
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

Dude, Just give up thaet peer pressure thing, alright. I mean we all understand that "some" people( SOME PEOPLE) succumb to peer pressure, but you are trying to say most if not all smokers are sucked in by peer pressure. I started smoking by bumming a cigerette from my uncle. I asked and said okay. I liked it so i continued to smoke. There was no peer pressure. I was asked to smoke by a freind once, but i said no. I wanted it to me my decision, not because someone said "common dude."
Old 12-05-2004, 11:52 PM   #190
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Landon Contressior:
Dude, Just give up thaet peer pressure thing, alright. I mean we all understand that "some" people( SOME PEOPLE) succumb to peer pressure, but you are trying to say most if not all smokers are sucked in by peer pressure.
Thank you, point game match us