Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
DraconisRex

When I first started playing, I belive that when I dual classed a character I could still advance through practice/combat/use of skill. However, now I'm not so sure. I believe it may have been a mis-understanding on my part, or the sometimes ambigous/confusing improvement messages as written by the designers.

My question is: Was my first impression that locked-out dual class skills improve FALSE or CORRECT. I've been building my characters on the premise that they would still improve. However, I'm not getting the results I'm expecting.

Domo arigato.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 12:33 PM   #2
ratchild
Manshoon

when you dual class, any skills not shared by the new and old classes are locked. this means no skill improvement will happen. for example, my bard got switched to a gadgeteer at lvl 14 with an 85 music skill. his music skill will never go up again, unless i switch him back to bard. on the other hand, i just switched my alchemist to a ranger, and since they share most of the same skills, his will improve. except for magic skills...those won't improve till lvl 5 of ranger.
Hope that helps
Old 01-20-2002, 01:00 PM   #3
DraconisRex

quote:
Originally posted by ratchild:
when you dual class, any skills not shared by the new and old classes are locked. this means no skill improvement will happen. ...

Hope that helps

Very much. I see how I got confused. Shared skills and some of the names are confusing. Divine/Divinity. That sort of thing.

Well, that's got me re-thinking what I've been doing. Been working characters up the wrong way...
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote