Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2003, 01:53 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I don't know if anyone heard of it before, it's called "Show me love". It's Sweden, I think.

It was nice, it's a movie about love and teenagers, but it's not one of those cheesy hollywood teenager movie. It's very realistic.

Here's a review of it, but it contain light spoiler. If you don't want to be spoiled, just read the first 5 paragraphs.

Did anyone else see it before? What did you think of it?

[ 02-22-2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 02-10-2003, 03:02 AM   #2
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Wow I cant believe I am the only non-swede to ever watch this movie. Its pretty intresting..I liked it. Your right its very realistic and not one of those unstandable corny hollywood teenager moives.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 04:50 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ehehe, you do know that mentioning the swedish name of this movie could get you banned... [img]smile.gif[/img]

But I've seen it and I think it's great... maybe because I can relate to the girl, I felt the same when I was growing up, in a similar town (just smaller and more boring) in Iceland and I felt I was missing out on everything life can offer you...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:48 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

What is the swedish name? Can yo email it to me?
Old 02-18-2003, 12:56 PM   #5
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

WOW, can't believe somebody actually posted a topic about this great movie [img]smile.gif[/img] . certainly one of the best movies i've ever seen, just a great combination of an interesting story and really awesome acting. the result is a very convincing and realistic portrayal of teenage life; it's just impossible not to be reminded of your own experience from those years, just as it's also impossible not to get totally immersed in the movies story and it's characters.
a definite 10 out of 10 and i can really recommend it to just about anyone that was ever a teenager [img]smile.gif[/img] .
as for the swedish title (i hope it displays the word and not *******), it's ■■■■■■■ Amal (the A's have those little rings above them, but i don't have them on my keyboard [img]smile.gif[/img] ). if this get's me banned, then the moderators should first watch the movie and they'll realise the error of their ways [img]smile.gif[/img] .
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:21 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Frundi, I don't understand what the Swedish title has to do with the movie.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:39 AM   #7
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

Amal is the name of the town where the movie takes place. if you watch the movie closely, you'll notice that elin almost always refers to it as ■■■■■■■ amal, because she feels that the town is so 'primitive' and far behind ('when something is in it takes so long to get here it's already out, because we're so behind'), life there so meaningless.
don't know, to me the title makes perfect sense, a lot better than show me love, a lot more direct (just like the movie itself).
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Ah, this explain it, I watched the French version.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:41 AM   #9
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by frudi_x:
Amal is the name of the town where the movie takes place. if you watch the movie closely, you'll notice that elin almost always refers to it as ■■■■■■■ amal, because she feels that the town is so 'primitive' and far behind ('when something is in it takes so long to get here it's already out, because we're so behind'), life there so meaningless.
don't know, to me the title makes perfect sense, a lot better than show me love, a lot more direct (just like the movie itself).
I know that "Show Me Love" is also the title of the song in the film (by Robyn, blahhhh). I really don't like that they translated the title of the film into English as that, because it seems that they did it just because of the song. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:35 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well... in french, it was translated to "Qui aimes-tu?" wich mean, "Who do you love?".