Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
Wolven
Dungeon Master

I can´t find the class speficic skills or feats you get for free upon level up. Such as evasion for rogues or uncanny dodge for barbarians. Where are they on your character sheets? Does the game tell you you got them or it´s undestood?
Old 04-16-2003, 04:38 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Some of these skills ae pasive, like evasion, they are always on. Other, like a barbarian's rage, are in the special abilities tab, the little "star" in the action bar.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:46 PM   #3
Wolven
Dungeon Master

Yes, I know, but the ones that are pasive.. are they written down somewhere? In the feats & skills page for example, do they show up there? (or anywhere)
Old 04-16-2003, 11:50 PM   #4
Kodocha
Elite Waterdeep Guard

They are in the manual. Look for the chapter with feats and it lists the class feats and what level you get them and then it lists the feats any class can use.

Kodo
Kodocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:33 AM   #5
Wolven
Dungeon Master

Arrow

Yes, but my question is "in the game" is there anywhere where it tells you "yes you did get this class specific feat or skill". For example, Neverwinter Nights tells you each level up, what you are getting (hps, skills, and feats both chosen and for free). I just want to know if I can make sure my thief got Evasion at level 2 or if I got jipped because of a game bug. So far I can´t find anywhere on my thief character sheet that sais he has the evasion feat (or skill, I don´t know what it is in this game)
Old 04-18-2003, 09:35 AM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

After you leveled up your character, the dialogue window should tell you something like Charname - gained ability: Evasion. Evasion or Uncanny Dodge and various immunities, like a Druid's Immunity to Poison and Fatigue, a Paladin's Immunity to Disease and a Monk's Immunity to Disease and Poison, do not get written down in the Character Record, but you do get them. Selectable feats (ie the ones that can be chosen by all characters if they make the requirements) gotten for free at leveling up, like a 2nd level Monk's Deflect Arrows, can be found under the Skills and Feats-tab. Things like a Barbarian's Damage Reduction or a Monk's Spell Resistance get written down in the Resistances-section of the Character Record.

[ 04-18-2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: J'aran ]
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:46 AM   #7
Wolven
Dungeon Master

Thanks a alot. I was starting to thing I was getting ripped off by the game.