Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 11:21 AM   #11
Charlie
Lord Ao

That's a great post Jimbo, thanks for taking the time. The armour etc etc I'm well up on, it's just the points mentioned above that had me a little stumped. I'm not decrying the game or the thieves abilities but I'm really eager to learn for my own satisfaction. It would be great if there were unreachable lofty areas that only (adept) thieves could reach. That'd bring a new element to the game, the read languages would be pretty awesome too if incorporated. I can just imagine my bloke trying to read a scroll above his ability and turning himself into a rabbit or something. Move silently has been cleared up nicely, although to be honest I haven't got a single point assigned to it yet seem pretty competent in the B/S department. I'll add to it anyway now as the ability has a solid basis. You mention hiding in front of Rivald and his casting true sight. Is this because he can hear your approach although he can't see it? If a thief had max' hide and max' move silently would Rivald still cast I wonder. Then again could we look at this as a detect illusion skill on Rivalds behalf and would we still consider the thief in shadows to be illusionary. Personally I think not as he is a solid form rather than an illusionary one. Hmm then again so are hidden secret doors. All characters have an innate ability to detect secret doors incidentally.

I can't fit the detect noise ability in with the detect traps ability unfortunately. Detect traps or set traps affects your ability to disarm them if I remember correctly, can't remember which straight off. There is only one time in the game where I can think that this may be useful for detecting aggresive thieves through the reasons you mention earlier but I won't spoil here. I am a high level thief myself btw and have finished the game before. I also had Yoshimo up to around level 25 or so you don't really need to explain to me how "we" work. Honour amongst thieves is our adage and the sharing of information (but not loot) can only help our cause.

Thanks again Jimbo

PS...I'd rather it wasn't in the manual if it's not in the game but that's a small gripe.

------------------
One love, peace.

[This message has been edited by Charlie (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 11:43 AM   #12
Jimbo
The Magister

Actually I tried once to detect that thief your talking about
Unfortunately it didn't work but it worked out in the end.

I can not say for certain what parts they did include but it would be cool if we knew exactly what was thrown in, but then again if you look at alot of the post of "hey I don't need no stinkin' manual, or manual are for wimps", you can see why they may have goofed in including information

BTW so much on the money--Honor among thieves till we split the loot.

I guess we should put spoiler alerts hehe
but yeah i was miffed (or pissed) as when Yoshi left, sheesh he had me thinking he was a child of Bhaal too, but then again Boo didn't like him at first.
I only add the telling of the theivin because it is kinda like our myster, the one in that everyone doesn't think much of, then we steal the persons purse, tie his shoe laces together, cut his trouser suspenders, and run off with his wife and/or daughter hehe.

I have a saved spot on my game of the theif, so tonight ill go and try out a thief with maxed out detect traps and see if that is able to help. I know I got 2 illusions in a row to pop before, real lucky on that with a crappy score in it.

Btw where you at in England? I visited Shetfield with the boy scout troop I was assistant scout master in while stationed in Germany/Netherlands (NATO Assignment). Love the place.