Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 01:19 PM   #71
Caine
Elminster

Bahamut
Hathor

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
How can someone as respected as this be part of ALSB,I fail to goddamn understand

Old 10-15-2001, 01:48 PM   #72
Caine
Elminster

A MAJOR reason I dislike Aerie is because her 'Uncle' IS SO UGLY
Old 10-15-2001, 01:48 PM   #73
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
If Aerie was hit by an Insect Plague, she would just bash Jaheira to bits with a Mace of Disruption +2, and are you sure that Insect Plague will not be reflected by the cloak of mirroring or the shield of reflection?
I don't think so. Doesn't the discription of these items say that it has to be centered on the recipient to be reflected ?

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-15-2001, 02:03 PM   #74
Caine
Elminster

When I first got BG2 in January/Febuary I loved Aerie and thought Jaheira very irritating but now the equations are totally reversed,think about where Jaheiras coming from and you WILL like her more than Aerie,more depth with Jaheira, more fun with Jaheira
Old 10-15-2001, 02:11 PM   #75
Vampire

ATTENTION

Caine, enough is enough.
Mods I suggest you lock this thread as it's not going anywhere! All it is is building up hate.

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 02:13 PM   #76
Caine
Elminster

WHAT THE HELL HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH HATRED?

When I first got BG2 in January/Febuary I loved Aerie and thought Jaheira very irritating but now the equations are totally reversed,think about where Jaheiras coming from and you WILL like her more than Aerie,more depth with Jaheira, more fun with Jaheira
TO DO WITH HATE????????????

I'm sorry if I'm offending Aerie supporters but we need to get our own back in some way, no hard feelings avatar
Old 10-15-2001, 02:17 PM   #77
Caine
Elminster

Whats this got to do with hatred,I'm stating how I feel like I'v been doing constantly irritating Aerie supporters,this is a hate thread and I'm taking my anger out on this thread no hard feelings Avatar
Old 10-15-2001, 02:52 PM   #78
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm with Caine on this. He hasn't attacked anybody personally. He just says that he doesn't like Aerie and it seems that the Aerie lovers are taking this personally. If i was an admin i wouldn't lock this thread because it builds hatred.

JR

Old 10-15-2001, 03:28 PM   #79
Caine
Elminster

Thank You,I am still bloody new at this forum despite the ammount of posts,I wont attack any living being (yet)
Old 10-16-2001, 02:33 AM   #80
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
I don't think so. Doesn't the discription of these items say that it has to be centered on the recipient to be reflected ?
JR
Some things to note, Cloak of Mirroring does not protect against everything, Domination, Fear, Stun, Insect Plague, etc... ... can still bypass it and affect the person.

Shield of Reflection only reflects if the person holding the shield is targetted and besides, Insect Plague is not considered a missile attack.

The main reason I said to target the area around the target is to bypass the problem of not being able to target an invisible target.

The ONLY thing that will stop Insect Plague cold is good old Magic Resistance. So it is possible for Aerie to defeat Jaheira, but you would need to seriously boost her Magic Resistance.

We have a +10% Magic Resistance Amulet,
We have a +5% Magic Resistance Shield,
We have a +10% Magic Resistance Ring,
Er... ...
She cannot wield either Holy Avenger or Purifier, so she has +25% Magic Resistance, that gives her a 1 in 4 chance to successfully cast Time Stop without being interrupted... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips