Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2002, 09:36 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Osama Bin Laden has increased the rhetoric that Al-Queta supports and has always supported the Palestinian cause, but according to MSNBC, Arafat has denied any help from Al-Queta saying that Osama worked actively against Palestinians in the past, and only now wants to associate with them to help his "terrorist" cause.

I saw this as a brief clip this morning, but can't find any article on their site. I think they said Arafat made the comments in England. Anyone else seen/heard this story?
Old 12-15-2002, 10:14 AM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Supposedly Arafat told a newspaper that he's told Osama to quit "hiding" behind the Palestinian cause.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Supposedly Arafat told a newspaper that he's told Osama to quit "hiding" behind the Palestinian cause.
Good for him then, Osama Bin Laden is hostile the Secular arab states anyone, What he seems to want is this dream of a restoration of the caliphate ruled by sharia.
It’s An Extremist thing, However An Increasing number of People IIRC find it appealing, When your home is demolished by isreali soldiers, When your house is bombed by american planes, when you see it, hear of those things, It makes people do things.

Old 12-15-2002, 11:09 AM   #4
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

so, that means the old goat (Osama) is still alive? I guess it is about time the US troops get busy again.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:19 AM   #5
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
so, that means the old goat (Osama) is still alive? I guess it is about time the US troops get busy again.
Extreme Times make People into extremists.
Invading Afghanistan was an extremist action.
I doubt anyone would have done it, had not Sept 11th (an extreme act by extremists) happened; now that extreme act will make other extremists do extreme things,
Ad infinitum.

Old 12-15-2002, 03:34 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Osama Bin Laden has increased the rhetoric that Al-Queta supports and has always supported the Palestinian cause, but according to MSNBC, Arafat has denied any help from Al-Queta saying that Osama worked actively against Palestinians in the past, and only now wants to associate with them to help his "terrorist" cause.

I saw this as a brief clip this morning, but can't find any article on their site. I think they said Arafat made the comments in England. Anyone else seen/heard this story?
Naa.. Osama is dead.. very dead. buried under tons of rock. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Think about it, if he WAS alive, he would be the kind of person (Ego freak) to come out and show the world that 'satan' didn't prevail.

He's dead jim.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-15-2002, 04:12 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I want proof first.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:11 PM   #8
Jedimaster
Dungeon Master

I agree with the above poster I will believe OSAMA bin extremist is dead when I see proof and not until there is proof.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:21 PM   #9
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

This is just my crackpot theory, but even if Osama is dead, and even if the American administration knows he is dead, they arn't exactly going to go around telling everyone. Right now, the hunt for Osama is still political gold for the US war administration. They can get alot of really solid leverage by appealing to American citizen's hatred of terrorists, they need to keep this fire stoked and burning if they want to get the majority of their seeming middle-eastern objectives completed before the next election (a quelled Iraq, sedate Palestine etc). It makes sound political sense to keep 'alive' such a virile and widely-recognized political icon as Osama, even if in fact he really is 'dead'.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:22 PM   #10
skywalker
Banned User

Osama will not be proven alive or dead as long as the "War on Terrorism" continues. The war needs an enemy leader to focus on and Osama is the prime target. I think that's why it was decided that the voice on the last tape released was determined to be his. I think he is dead, too!

Mark