Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #31
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm.... sounds challenging! Are you going to make him a barbarian to be able to open chests?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #32
Law
Dungeon Master

Fighting the Bone Lord without magic with a solo character is tricky.

Some tips that have helped me:

Shoot as you back away. This allows you to stay out of range.

Learn to "dodge" sideways so the pain spell he casts misses you. This also helps with others using their bows and throwing weapons.

After he summons extra skeletons, Run Away. If you run away far enough and come back his summoned skeletons will be gone. Don't waste time shooting at the summoned skeletons, just keep shooting at the bone lord until the skeletons get close and then run away and come back. You have to run away far enough for the summoned skeletons to disappear, this seems to be somewhere around twice the distance you can see. Note, the skeletons that appear with him originally are permanent and will need to be killed. I usually get rid of them as I am retreating out of the cemetery.

If you retreat all the way back to Valeia then if you enter the town and go out the other gate and come back the summoned skeletons are always gone. During the time you spend outside the far gate, the bone lord will start walking around the town to the other gate (you can wait for him if you want). I usually wait about 15-30 seconds and then come back. This has given him time to walk away from the gate so he is not attacking me as soon as I come back out. I then shoot arrows at him until he (or his summoned skeletons) get too close and then go though the town again.

With enough arrows (and dodging) he is not really that hard. The really hard way to take him out is only using hand-to-hand weapons. Then I can't dodge the pain spells and the summoned skeletons are attacking before I can run away.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 AM   #33
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

well, im not sure what classes il end up making him but i might make him a barbarian eventualy.

and the real problem with the bone lord is mostly that i dont have enough arrows..

the trick with hand to hand though, is timing. when you click on the monster, your character takes 1.5 seconds to swing, so as long as you`re next to him in 1.5 seconds, you'l hit, or atleast try to.. with practise you can dodge almost everything and time your hits so you only need to be close to your opponent(s) for about .5 seconds (not long enough for them to swing and hit.).

today i tried to take on the rogue leader near where the horse spawns but i have the same problem as with the bone lord, not enough arrows and other monsters always join in.. for example, once i had the rogue leader and his group plus a group of worgurs, a group of night bats, two groups of troll guni's with a troll mangu and a troll mage thingy... with 40 arrows that miss 75% of the time.. its not easy.

i guess il just have to keep hunting smaller stuff untill i level up and get more arrows.. il keep you guys updated.

also, a little tip on dodging; to easly dodge melee attacks, watch the monster, and when he starts swinging, lightly tap the back arrow once. since they always try to get you right to the limit of their melee range, even if you move only a few pixels, he's gonna get (out of range) it makes things a whole lot easyer while fighting melee creatures
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:42 AM   #34
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Nice tips! Keep us posted on your progress [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:02 PM   #35
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Not to mention there's a jump command I found useful for dodging arrows.

I used to leech arrows to be sold in such a fashion. :T