Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 07:20 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

In NYC and it was one of, if not the, most beautiful of canines I have seen.
I have seen the light! Wolves rock! So graceful, beautiful and intelligent looking, plus the whole aura about them.

I love WOLVES!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 07:28 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

If i remember correctly you´re the one with the "multiple nick disorder", so im already preparing myself to find a Wolfick soon

And yeah, wolves look so majestic.
I want a wolf for my house, sure its better than a dog (no offence here Earthdog ).

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel

[This message has been edited by Ertai_OHF (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 07:33 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I have seen the light! Wolves rock! So graceful, beautiful and intelligent looking, plus the whole aura about them.

I love WOLVES!

Wolves rock! They just look so.... so... well bugger if i can descrie it but they certinally kick ass!

Uhhh....you diddn't try to pat it or anything Yorick... did you?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 09-01-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 07:33 PM   #4
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I love wolfs too. I have never seen one in real life, just on TV. I have seen plenty of coyotes though, alot around here.

Wolfs are very cool...

Not beter then hyenas though !!!

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way to....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Old 08-31-2001, 07:38 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

have you seen Grizzzely Bear? BUAHAHAHAHA, those can be your nightmares... their sheer strength, massive posture, speed, and power!

I once saw a real vedio tape, couple hunters were shooting a Grizzely Bear. the tank started charging half mile away from the top of the mountain. 3 bullets got him, and didnt slow him a bit. then fourth bullet shot his arm, and he trippled over. the hunters thought "hell yeah! we got him!" then the bear rolled head on, then came back up and resumed charging. so all the hunters throw away their guns and camera, and started running. the victourious bear just stood there in the slop of the mountain, staring, unflinched, and unchallenged...
Old 08-31-2001, 07:41 PM   #6
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

I have a large poster of a Grey Wolf on my wall.

I agree, they are one of the most magnificent creatures you could hope to see.

I'll never forget the time I saw one at a zoo - it was an incredible experience. So majestic, yet so feral and so deadly.

There's nothing like a wolf.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-31-2001, 07:43 PM   #7
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

I love WOLVES!

And another innocent human joins the pack heh heh heh heh heh!
Welcome, Cub!
*Big Hugs*
I wear wolf shirts (got one on now LOL) and have my favorite blanket...a woven cotten blanket with a winter wolf scene woven into it.
I find myself without words and overflowing with emotion at the mere sight of them...it has been that way with me for as long as I can remember.
Intelligent, yes...it has been scientifically proven that a wolf's vocalizations are the closest thing to human in the whole animal kingdom. You can see the intelligence in their eyes can't you?
If you ever find the book "Hungry for Home" I would recommend you read it and keep some tissues handy. Although a work of fiction, it depicts, from the wolves' point of view, what it is like to have your home over-run by the "progress" of man and closely parallels the made-for-television documentary of a real mother wolf who, with her cubs was captured and relocated for their "safety".

Welcome, Yorick.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 08-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 08-31-2001).]

Old 08-31-2001, 07:43 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Where did you see this wolf (in NY) Yorick? Just curious

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 07:48 PM   #9
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I have 3 wolf piccies on my bedroom walls. Beautiful beasts. I always watch TV programmes about wolves, but never seen one in the flesh.

Was it in a zoo, Yorick?

------------------

Old 08-31-2001, 08:42 PM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Unfortunetly I have seen a wolf before. I say that as a bad thing because soon after I met the wolf it was put down. My ex-stepfather had one as a pet when I was living in America but becuase state laws forbid wolves being kept as pets it had to be put down One of the saddest moments of my life as they are such beautiful creatures

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."