Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 08:02 PM   #1
Ratweed
Manshoon

Im in the place where mind flayers are in hte under dark and it sis i opened the other door that requires a mind flayer but the the other door wont open to them and sis no mere mortal can open it so none of my 3 mind flayers can open the door to the boss room plz help
Old 05-28-2001, 08:40 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I used mindflayers so I dont know why it wont work for you. Maybe someone else does good luck
Old 05-28-2001, 08:45 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

Um... are you sure you're at the right door? There are three doors locked magically; one in the north part of the map, one in the west, and one in the north-east. The north-east leads to the surface, and cannot be opened until you kill the boss; the west leads to the boss. Otherwise, I'm not sure why the door's not opening.
Old 05-28-2001, 08:52 PM   #4
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

The boss-door also has a regular lock. I had some trouble with that one too. In one of the rooms near the exit& the machine, there is a re-spawning area for mindflayers. I recaptured one there, and it worked. Also, 'beings of tremendous strangth' COULD include, say, the avatar of a god, no? =D
Old 05-28-2001, 10:25 PM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i had this problem once before when i used a collar to charm an ulitharid instead of a mind flayer. the ulitharid didnt do anything to open the door. luckily there was still a few flayers in the next room and they worked fine. if you still have a collar left, try killing everything there and then get your party as far away as possible from that last-door room; i think the game will spawn another flayer for you to charm (built-in failsafe since the last autosave was before you were even captured).
Old 05-29-2001, 06:41 AM   #6
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Kerlyssa is right.

Look on your special ability button of your PC if you can't figure it out.