Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2001, 02:24 PM   #1
Greystone
The Magister

Ok, I don't know what is wrong here, maybe someone can clue me in?

I have my Monk (level 5) turned Ninja (level 4) with the following stats: 60/50/50/50/70/83/60 and with a critical hit of 58% (including her 25% bonus). I have not once seen a critical hit from her...any ideas on why she does not perform? She doesn't have any problem hitting most monsters, but never kills outright.

--Greystone
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 08:29 PM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Greystone,

I too noticed this, and I'm not sure if its only in the demo that it is like this, but we shall find out very soon here!

I got Evenstar's critical hit ability up to about 90, and she only does a death strike once in a while. Matter of fact, I played the demo for probably at least 10 hours and I only saw her do it a few times.

I think there must be a ratio/percentage calculated, for even having 100% may only be a 1 in 8 chance or something of the like. Or maybe if it gets to 100 it goes into a super version like the basic traits (strength, etc)?

There is a discrepancy for sure, so don't worry about it too much! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best

Scronan
Old 11-11-2001, 09:38 PM   #3
jsalsb
Elminster

On the other hand... My stupid, verbose, death-prone ranger has scored three critical hits so far with arrow attacks. Weird!
Old 11-15-2001, 10:26 AM   #4
Case00
Manshoon

It seems I'm getting the same thing in the full version. My Ninja's skill is in the mid 50s, but I haven't seen a single one. After combat his skill will go up, like he scored one, but it never happened...

confusing
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 12:09 PM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

I noticed that the critical hits happen *A LOT* more often now. My Monk was dishing them out left and right with a critical hit skill of only 30. And a Lord with an Elven Bow (20% KIA) was doing them too.

Perhaps some monsters have defense against this? And they may need to know the monster to do the critical hit? Just some thoughts.

Saz, any ideas here?

Best,

Scronan
Old 11-15-2001, 01:31 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Maybe it's based on level? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] I admit, I'm stumped. However, the only character I have right now that can critical is my Ranger, and I haven't really noticed anything. My best damage is still spellcasting and then raw fighting power.

On the other hand, Liselle, my Rawulf valkyrie, is whooping butt on a lot of the monsters, hitting for 15+ points at a whack with a simple spear. I don't think she's "criticaling", though.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote