Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 08:13 PM   #1
Albino Wolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it OK to kill King Freyedies after he makes the dragon armor?
Albino Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 11:05 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Unfortunately, yes. But no repercussions on you. The "sacred oath" you take is mythical.

Ah well...

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 05:25 AM   #3
Jazzid
Manshoon

It's a pity that the game doesn't penalise you if you don't keep the oath. Now its up to your own morals whether you'd kill him or not. The same goes for other game characters. If you have got xp or what other you need from them, then it's OK to kill them. But I've always felt bad in doing so.

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 01:39 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I agree fully, Jazzid. Although there is no penalty for doing so, I do try to play "in character". That is, if I'm playing a primarily "Good" or "Neutral" party, I would not kill any of the good NPC's. Whereas an "Evil" party would off the NPC's...MAYBE...if they could not further their ends any more. Under an end party, though, the proper end game would be to let G'Ezzered Ra hang there (no Valkyrie) and then align with Lord Cet at the end to take over the world.

Where the discrepancy comes is when players kill off the good NPC's and then kill Lord Cet as well. That's not really role-playing, even though the game allows it. But, after all, it is just a game, and it's up to the players to determine what they're willing to put up with.

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Old 10-27-2001, 12:50 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I believe it was dlimbaugh that located a file somewhere in all the game files that indicated that at one time consequences for players actions were in the works. If I recall correctly, the file found stated something to the effect that the player was consumed by the wrath of the Mavin. I would have liked that!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 04:56 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Assuming, of course, the player had the Mavin in hand, which wouldn't have been the case if they were going through the Stout Mines....however...

it would have been interesting, for any violations of the Sacred Oath prior to picking up the Mavin, that as soon as the characters went to pick up the Mavin from it's altar, WHOOOSH!!! Black fire descending from the heavens, immediately annihilating all of them!

-Sazerac