Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2002, 12:16 PM   #1
gray ghost
Welcomed New User

Hello, it seems that by editing my "icewind.ini" file by adding the "Cheats=1" line to the [Game options] section, so that I could boost up my mage a bit, I was then successfully able to go and add a variety of spells to his mage book, however from the game screen when my party goes into combat with a npc or any creature when I go to select a spell, any spell, the entire selection of spell buttons are "blacked-out" and not usable. I can see the spells and the correct name will actually appear if I hold the cursor over the appropriate spell button but I do not have the ability to cast any spells at all. Again, this is after I edited my "icewind.ini" file enabling the console for "cheatersdoprosper". I have since then added in correct sequence the v1.05 and v1.06 patches but these seem to have no effect on my mage having the ability to cast spells. Every feature after editing the icewind.ini file works perfectly with the exception that my mage now can't cast spells. I am just wondering if there is a way for me to keep everything as is and then proceed with fixing a file that gives my mage that ability to cast spells. I also tried adding the "rem" command in front of "Cheats=1" command line and it doesn't seem to have any effect. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated as I love playing this game, in the meantime I will continue beating on the game files trying to create a fix. Thanks in advance.
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 12:38 PM   #2
Rolper
Dungeon Master

The "blacked out" spell section usually occurs when your mage is wearing armor. The "cheats" shouldn't affect your ability to cast spells.
Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote