Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #1
Alexander
Drow Warrior

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/fre...wontstand.html
We now know that the FBI and CIA knew before September 11th of the definite risk. We now know that Bush was warned about the specific possibility. We know that Bush ordered the FBI to "back off" of Osama bin Laden, causing the deputy director to quit in disgust and be killed in the WTC shortly thereafter. We know all of this - no matter how much Ari Fleischer lies for Bush now after the fact.

All we want is the truth, from the top.

The Bush administration has evaded long enough. They have even warned Congress not to dig too deep. Rep. Cynthia McKinney has been ridiculed and threatened for simply asking that the truth be told, and that a THOROUGH investigation is carried out. ( http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/05.1...ey.Bush.NU.htm )
for asking for the "right" to look for the truth, whatever it may be, she has been labeled a kook and a conspiracy theorist (But now we all know she was warranted in wanting an investigation...). What country are we talking about here?

Congresswoman McKinney's statement today:

Quote:
Several weeks ago, I called for a congressional investigation into what warnings the Bush Administration received before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. I was derided by the White House, right wing talk radio, and spokespersons for the military-industrial complex as a conspiracy theorist. Even my patriotism was questioned because I dared to suggest that Congress should conduct a full and complete investigation into the most disastrous intelligence failure in American history. Georgia Senator Zell Miller even went so far as to characterize my call for hearings as "dangerous, loony and irresponsible."
Today's revelations that the administration, and President Bush, were given months of notice that a terrorist attack was a distinct possibility points out the critical need for a full and complete congressional investigation.

It now becomes clear why the Bush Administration has been vigorously opposing congressional hearings. The Bush Administration has been engaged in a conspiracy of silence. If committed and patriotic people had not been pushing for disclosure today's revelations would have been hidden by the White House.

Because I love my country, because I am a patriot, and because the American people deserve the truth, I believe it would be dangerous, loony and irresponsible not to hold full congressional hearings on any warnings the Bush Administration had before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Ever since I came to Congress in 1992, there are those who have been trying to silence my voice. I've been told to "sit down and shut up" over and over again. Well, I won't sit down and I won't shut up until the full and unvarnished truth is placed before the American people.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:39 PM   #2
MagiK

Okok so now you want each and every one of the terror threats the US receives in a year announced....you do realize that they get over 3000 a year just at the FBI, there is no telling how many the CIA intercepts..so each day we will get a 3 page list in the paper of all the threats...then when everyone starts ignoring them ....then what?

Get a grip man. Even the idiot Daschell has backed off ..since it turns out that both Dems and Republicans are on the security subcomitties and also failed to do anything.

In 1999 there were more than 4 chances for the previous administration to capture Bin laden...they all ignored it...this is what happens when you continuously cut the defense and intelligence budgets for 10 years in a row (yes this dates back to the first bush in office)

This is all last weeks news....litterally I heard it all last week.

Old 05-24-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes, but normally you take a threat of something from Bin Laden pretty seriously, not really something to overlook, especially since he already at that time had a record of terrorism and hatred towards the U.S.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:56 PM   #4
MagiK

I don't know about the rest of the country but I think the whitehouse has done the "you want warnings ..FINE here are some warnings" for New York They are releasing most of the current threats issued for Hillarys State, NY business owners are PO'd to the max and they are going to loose a lot of $$$ this weekend since they announced all the possible threats (It is a national holiday here in the USA so big topurism $$ are at stake) ....there is a price to pay for this....it ought to be interesting to say the least.

Old 05-24-2002, 03:08 PM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OMG, I can't believe that you quoted McKinney. The woman is certifiable. People have been hijacking airplanes since the '60s, and you really think that the Democrats that control the Senate would have let the administration totally revamp the American airline security system, at the possible expence to their pet social programs, just on the basis of a vague threat? They would have been screaming about Bush's paranoia and how it was a conspiracy to raise airline fares.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:13 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

This is just another in the long, long, long line of conspiracy theories. It also follows the "Law of Fives"--when you look for something long enough and hard enough, eventually you find it.
This one is no different then when many people accused FDR of "allowing" Pearl Harbor to be attacked. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:26 PM   #7
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

hmmm but the FBI or the CIA did have a transcript of a taped conversation between two known terrorists back from 1996, in which they specifically talked about flying a plane into a building. They also knew that terrorists were entering america and applying for flight training.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 05-24-2002, 03:29 PM   #8
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
This is just another in the long, long, long line of conspiracy theories. It also follows the "Law of Fives"--when you look for something long enough and hard enough, eventually you find it.
This one is no different then when many people accused FDR of "allowing" Pearl Harbor to be attacked. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]
Agreed

and as Attalus said..McKinney is a nutjob...it is amazing that people actually vote for her. In DC no one takes her seriously, I pity the people she represents.

[ 05-24-2002, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-24-2002, 03:36 PM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
hmmm but the FBI or the CIA did have a transcript of a taped conversation between two known terrorists back from 1996, in which they specifically talked about flying a plane into a building. They also knew that terrorists were entering america and applying for flight training.
Do you know how many flights there ar ein the air at any one time in the USA? Knowing a general thought or plan is one thing, stopping it is another.

Old 05-24-2002, 04:03 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

Id lay money that in some CIA or FBI (or other intelligence agency) office there will be documents that were intercepted showing the 9/11 attacks in some detail, if you know how to interpret them correctly. Id lay even more money that in a nearby office there will be similar documents detailing the next attack.

Of course, these documents will be lying amongst thousands (minimaly) of similar documents with nothing to distinguish them. Its easy to say that they had the information before hand, but only when you know which information is important.