Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 03:13 AM   #1
Aerich
Lord Ao

Post your favourites!

I just noticed two things recently, which I either never knew before or had forgotten.

One of the fires at the Targos Palisade map says "it looks like someone is torturing this cauldron", or something of the sort.

If you talk to the surly cleric at the Tempus temple in Targos (try saying that three times fast ) with a bard, he rants at you about your profession.

There's also some interesting dialogues talking to Reig and to the inspire/bless group of soldiers at the Palisade with different clerical orders.

I also think the item description for the House of Despana Insignia is one of the coolest in the game.

Anyone else notice that Malavon sounds like the Count from Sesame Street? It's the way he goes Ha-(pause)-ha-(pause)-ha. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I always get a kick out of the conversation with the 3 mercs at the palisade.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

My all time favorite two occur at the palisade:

First, is the the three mercs, with a dead cat in your inventory.

Quote:
PC: So, how *did* you kill those rats?
Merc: Well, I filched a cat from the crazy lady and let it have at 'er with the rats.
PC: You mean THIS cat?
Merc: Yep, that's the one. Looks like he choked on one too many. Ma- Hey, what are you doing with a dead cat, anyway?
PC: Well, I thought it might be the solution to someones problem that I could learn something from. I guess not this time.
And the man who's working on the catapult, after you get him a Hammer:

Quote:
Engineer: Take THAT! AND THAT! MAKE A FOOL OUT OF ME, WILL YOU?!?! WELL NAILS, YOU HAVE MET YOUR MATCH! HAHA! Now look who's mocking who! eh?! EH?!
PC: Well *someone's* obviously married.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Here is mine:

When you first meet Yquog and he tells you about your quest and at one time you ask for a payment:

Quote:
Yquog: Why is it that you adventurers are always wondering what's in it for you? Couldn't you, just this once, perform a task without asking how it benefits you?

You: No. We adventurers are also always killing creatures such as you. Here, let me show you.