Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2001, 10:22 AM   #1
GaeaWindsinger
Welcomed New User

Hi All, I looked over all the messages regarding Dragon's eye but didn't see one that would assist me. So, here I am posting my problem and hope you all can help.

I have just entered the door to level 5 and am in the corridor where I encountered weird little girl. She demension doors away and then the Yuan-ti show up. I start to fight them and then the game bounces me out with the following message: "An assertion failed in ObjCreature.cpp at line number 11320" I thought it was a one time deal and tried again but everytime I get to that particular spot I get bounced with the same message. I think it is happening when I hit one of the Yuan-ti but I don't know for sure and I don't know which one. I ran the IWD patch 106 and haven't been able to find any later patches so I have no idea what is causing this. I have been doing very well with IWD and am enjoying it as much as BG1 & 2 but getting frustrated as I was looking forward to tackling the Snake Goddess.
So please help as I hope some learned someone can assist me with this problem.

One of the neatest monsters in IWD that I have found is the Lizard men. Too cool. They are the best with the summon monster wand and can really kick other monster butt.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide and keep up the good work with the forums. Yours in particular has helped me through both BG and BG 2.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Sincerely,
K. Buckley-Hammel
(Gaea Windsinger)
GaeaWindsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 11:23 AM   #2
Bujinbiker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This solution is kind of a hassle, so if anyone has a better one, post it.

Any time I've had this problem (2, maybe 3 times since BG), I've copied the game save files (your specific game folder) and uninstalled the game. Then reinstall and copy the gamesave back to the (in case of IWD) "mpsave" folder - you can create it if it's not in the main game folder. Starting a new game will also create it.

Hope this helps!
“You can be killed because you are strong, you can be killed because you are weak. Hmmm... if I had to choose one, I think I’d go with you can survive because you are lucky!”<p>Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi, Soke, Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu
Bujinbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 01:37 PM   #3
GaeaWindsinger
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the information. Tried it and it didn't work. Still getting that Assertion Failed. I tried to walk past everyone and then turn around and fight them but it still bounces me out. I tried changing my lead character which I thought might work but in the end it didn't. I just don't know what the heck to do. It's getting really, really frustrating. Please if anyone can help I sure would appreciate it and if you have another idea or hear of another way please let me know.

Thanks again,
Gaea
Old 11-29-2001, 10:59 PM   #4
GaeaWindsinger
Welcomed New User

Hi All, Just wanted to let you all know that I ended up out at the Interplay site and they had a solution. I ended up doing everything they suggested. Cleaned my cd Drive, cleaned the cd, deleted the Games Cache and when that didn't work I went back to a much earlier save and used that. Somehow that particular game had gotten corrupted. So, all is well now but the Snake Queen has killed off my party twice now and I'm getting a bit ticked off. She is tough and it is only the second chapter. Oh boy am I in for it. Any suggestions on how to beat the "lady?" and I use that term very, very loosely.
If this wasn't a family oriented forum I would used some stronger language.

Thanks for your help and I just hope I can continue on. IWD is as good as BG. I like the idea of creating your whole party. I, at least, seem to care about my creations more. Although I cared about all the people in my parties on BG. Oh well.

Thanks again,
Gaea