Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #51
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Awww! Well, wait a minute, I said it was 2-d, I never said it was only drawn! (Or it's at least in pen!!)
Old 01-04-2005, 03:45 AM   #52
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

Now, and you've felt it coming the whole time: calling me a person who makes asinine/rasist remarks is way out of line. I don't know wether you said it in the heat of the moment or genuinly meant what you said, I don't care. It is simply unbefitting for a debater, for you did not show me my error in the first place. And unfortunately, it's a complete conversation stopper....
And this was exactly why I posted, Sir Degrader. I don't mind you having an opinion and Zuvio having a different one, I just mind the way you were expressing it in. I hope you understand.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 01-04-2005, 06:33 AM   #53
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Awww! Well, wait a minute, I said it was 2-d, I never said it was only drawn! (Or it's at least in pen!!)
you know they have Erasable pens now days right ^^;

so your 2-d sword has met it's match! (thats another possibility BUrning it XD )

Old 01-04-2005, 04:54 PM   #54
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
GRRRRR! Ok, fine, I will take my personal lightsaber, then. I would go into details, but I've geeked out enough already, today.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #55
Spirits forever

Quote:
GRRRRR! Ok, fine, I will take my personal lightsaber, then. I would go into details, but I've geeked out enough already, today.
^^;
pencil/pen/eraser!

lightsaber is a good choice too ^^

Old 01-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #56
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk. How could you give up so easily? You should learn the sacred art of loopholes. For example, the 2d sword doesn't have to be drawn by erasable pen, also it is not confined to that medium. It could be a sword on a monitor for example.

Now, my counter argument is that the 2d sword is worthless because if it's edge is non existent. It only has width and length, no depth, which means an edge is impossible. And without an edge, it can not cut. If you attacked someone, nothing would get severed, since the sword would just pass harmlessly through. oh, and a flaw, even if this sword worked, and could slice anything, the entire sword would have to be 2d (if the handle was 3d, the blade would fall through it) and the handlewould cut through your hand. Plus the 2d sword could never be picked up, since that also requires an edge. So, although a good idea, the 2d sword is pointless. The idea on the other hand, is good. Make a sword that is as thin and sharp as possible (without being brittle) and kick butt with it, as long that it's not so thin that it's edge does not exhist.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #57
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

The pen is mightier than the sword!!

--Kestrel--
Old 01-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #58
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'd hate to say it, but Daystar really nailed the issue on the head.He however forgets the echelon plan, that is the complete destruction of all pens using an advanced polymer made sword, code named ECHELON. So I change my choice. Instead of my No Dachi, it's now the ECHELON blade.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:30 PM   #59
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
The pen is mightier than the sword!!
I'll believe it when Shakespeare kicks the crap out of King Aurthor and Excalibur by poking him in the face. And I mean in real life, not in some story.

[ 01-05-2005, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: armageddon272 ]
Old 01-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #60
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
I'll believe it when Shakespeare kicks the crap out of King Aurthor and Excalibur by poking him in the face. And I mean in real life, not in some story.
Now that would be something to see, wouldnt it? Shakespeare and King Arthur in a dual to the death...

Maybe Jerry Bruckheimer could make a film about that?

--Kestrel--

[ 01-13-2005, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Kestrel Daystar ]