Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2002, 02:10 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Erm,this is something that I normaly would post,but I need some help.You see I have my girlfriend lives in another town and we communicate through letters.I wanna break up with her so i can go out with someone down in the town i live in and I don't want to hurt her feelings.What should I do?I really need help.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-05-2002, 02:18 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
if it's not too far away, go see her and tell her face to face. Don't do those kind of things through a letter or e-mail. Be a man, face her.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:21 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

mkay, thats kinda wierd..
if you wanna break up with her, then i suggest dont do that through letters. IMHO, that way of breaking up pisses people off alot. you should meet her or something.
when talking about girlfriend/boyfriend stuff and under 15 year old people, then i think its all really wierd. ive seen/heard of such relationships and they all seem so.. fake. my former so-called friend known as Jon has always had "girlfriends" everywhere.
how long have you been her boyfriend?
Old 06-05-2002, 03:33 PM   #4
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Erm,this is something that I normaly would post,but I need some help.You see I have my girlfriend lives in another town and we communicate through letters.I wanna break up with her so i can go out with someone down in the town i live in and I don't want to hurt her feelings.What should I do?I really need help.
I'd really love for some one to come up with a way to break up without hurting the other person's feelings. Unless it's a mutual thing, feelings are always going to be hurt.

Why exactly do you want to break up with the first girl? Is it "the grass is greener.." thing? Is it becuase she's in another town?
Old 06-05-2002, 03:38 PM   #5
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

DON'T, WHAT EVER YOU DO, BREAK UP WITH HER IN A LETTER!!!
It only leads to bad results. Trust me. I know.
You'll feel worried when confronting her. You may even think 'Hell, I don't need to dump her, I'll give it another shot and try to dump her again another time'. Don't trust this instict. Do it immediatly!
Old 06-05-2002, 03:45 PM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Blimey, they start early these days. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2002, 03:46 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

SomeGuy, just be honest with her. Do meet her face to face, but explain that since you live apart from each other, you think that both of you should start seeing other people. I mean, you're young; you don't want to tie yourself down at your age already! You've got a lot of living yet to do. She may feel the same way herself.

Be kind, and be frank. If you're diplomatic, you may be able to retain her friendship, and then in a few years, who knows? Maybe the two of you may decide to come back together again.

Wishing you the best,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-05-2002, 06:24 PM   #8
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Blimey, they start early these days. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
i know.. i think its very wierd when people are boyfriend/girlfriend at *MY* age. people that are 8-15 and start having a "lover" are unrealistic. These kind of matters are starting to piss me off - a boy and a girl are lovers for 2-4 days or something and then, one of them thinks:"hey, i dont want her anymore. the other girl who lives next to her is even prettier. maybe i should dump my girlfriend and go out with her instead!" that would be pathetic but belive me, that kind of stuff happens incredibly much(especially with that asshole known as Jon). those kind of gf/bf stuff are not real. it would mean that the girl is not loved by the boy, he just likes her and tries his damn best to be a jerk.
Quote - SomeGuy
"I wanna break up with her so i can go out with someone down in the town i live in"

this sentence is what really hit me. i ask again so you wouldnt miss this question, how long have you been her boyfriend?
Old 06-05-2002, 06:27 PM   #9
Linora
Dungeon Master

Well...

I agree with the general consensus here.. a letter is the wrong way to go.. a phone call is better, but still pretty heartless. Don't tell her mother to tell her either.. or her friend.

If you can, go and see her. If that's absolutely impossible, phone her. The cost of the bill doesn't matter.. there's no price you can put on peace of mind

I'd also like to know how long u have been with her....
Old 06-05-2002, 06:31 PM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Don't tell her about it and go anyway, she probably won't find out, what she don't know don't hurt her...