Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2002, 04:37 PM   #101
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
I want a free IW t-shirt for staying for so long

btw, I got my MSN back up so you have permission to add me if you wish
Have done just now.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:41 PM   #102
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Will it, Attalus?
IWs has changed for me. For the worse.
Ditto. I wont leave tho, IW's is still home... for the moment. Well I wont leave just yet... hopefully things will "get back to normal".
Old 11-24-2002, 04:42 PM   #103
purre
Banned

The cafe seems silent
Maybe it will have more action tomorrow. [img]smile.gif[/img]
If someone wants they can add me to their msn.
Bye for today,must get some sleep,big maths test tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:44 PM   #104
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Kaltia, sweetie, I know that you were friends with two of the recent departers, and I guess in a strange way that I would hope that you would be as upset if I left. But, just think of this: you, yourself told me that LS "wanted to get banned." Actually, I can see this. He has an odd sense of humor, and he likes to get people riled up. But, you must see that it was his decision. He knew that Ziroc hates spam threads, and he not only started one, he defied the mods about it. Neb, his friend, got angry and defied the mods in his turn, and got banned, too, after requesting that Ziroc delete his account. That doesn't sound very innocent, and I know that he was posting here less of late, so it probably meant less to him than it used to. I think, when you calm down, you will see that there are two sides to this, for you are a highly intelligent young woman. As for the avatar that you mention, don't forget that Z has used that avatar before, I have seen it. Z seems to have lost his temper, but I have lost mine, too, when a houseguest abused a piece of my furniture. (long story) and said some things that I might not have, if I had not been angry.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:47 PM   #105
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Goodnight Purre, succes with your test tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:50 PM   #106
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I think shes gone Att. (to bed I mean). You do have a point though. But it seems like mods are coming down hard on anyone that "speaks outa turn" at the moment. There seems to be an awful lot of tension in the air at the moment. And then slandering LS and Neb AFTER they left seems, well, just wrong. Or is that just me? I'm not surporting those two, but... it seems quite petty and childish to slander ppl AFTER they leave.

edit. BTW, Neb bugging me to tell you this, he just msn'd me and told me to write "Attalus, I just read what you posted. I did not post what I did because Lord Shield left. I posted it because I cannot stand that arrogant bastard Ziroc and his Secret ModSquad Police. He's already admitted in mails that he enjoyed banning the two of us and that he's keeping a sharp eye on the population of IW."

"Do not bother to defend him, and don't attack me any more. If you want to attack me. Mail me. Then we can settle it person to person. Do not try to turn my friends against me. And tell Galadria that I'm sorry for leaving. But I'm allergic to Tyrants and their Gestapo."

*sigh* hope this doesnt get me banned.

[ 11-24-2002, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 11-24-2002, 04:53 PM   #107
WillowIX
Apophis

Good evening all. How is everyone? Still upset I take it . I was about to post some calming advice in Ziroc´s thread when Cloudy locked it lol. Good call Cloudy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] . Things are really heating up here. I would suggest we refrain from discussing this for a few days. That way we can talk this through without our emotions clouding our judgements. [img]smile.gif[/img] That said I´m leaving this topic. How is everyone? [img]smile.gif[/img]

And CD I think it would be wise to edit the last part of your above post out. There´s still a lot of tension in here.

[ 11-24-2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 11-24-2002, 04:54 PM   #108
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

*Sighs* Yeah, I know, CD, that's why I am sure that Z did it when he was angry. Look at it from his point of view: two long-time posters suddenly defying the mods and leaving. That would be pretty upsetting.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:55 PM   #109
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Things in life are never static. They move and change. Kaltia, you're a nice young lady and you must have seen that your own life has changed as you grow and learn. [img]smile.gif[/img]

To be perfectly blunt, this IW is not the one *I* signed onto. It is MUCH bigger and less 'intimate'. It's got many more people who don't even play BG2 or any of the games that got me here to begin with. There are MANY more young members here and more sports threads which don't tickle my fancy. But what IS still here is the ability to read and post without someone telling you you're a ****ing idiot' or worse, which I've seen in plenty of other forums. You won't catch a troll ruining your discussion of a game or your schoolwork for long, because it's not allowed. Ironworks wants people to enjoy their stay and not feel accosted by flamers and trolls like they can on other boards.

You know, I remember the first time I met Galadria here. She was saying how she'd been really disappointed in another forum because they insulted her for asking a question! Apparently all newbies were fair game and she saw the difference here immediately. You know what? I had that same experience! I was so happy to be able to ask my questions and chat here without the hassles, that I stayed on even after I wasn't playing the games anymore. Now I'm helping to keep the peace and keep it a safe, decent place to play and post. I'm proud of that and if there are mistakes made by mods or webmaster, I have to say we're all human, but I KNOW these people try their best and worry about making a mistake or coming over too harshly.

Do you know why? Because we all CARE. Not just so we can have a 'title' but because we love the forum and the members and all the interactions! Sigh... I'm feeling sad and very drained tonight. I think I'll go start a more fun thread.

Cloudy
Old 11-24-2002, 04:55 PM   #110
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

yeah I edited it Att. Neb had something he wanted to say to you. Hi Willow, come on msn would you?