Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 09:52 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well, Ziroc *is* correct in that it gets very little traffic. I wouldn't mind if he deleted it for that reason. BTW It's always put me off for a bit that the forum is called "AD&D and other fantasy RPG books"....
Old 11-26-2001, 10:16 AM   #12
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
BTW It's always put me off for a bit that the forum is called "AD&D and other fantasy RPG books"....

Why? Thats what it is isnt it?
Old 11-26-2001, 10:39 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Awww..

Come on Z dont git rid of it!! Its hard to talk about books unless youve read them..

And alot of poeple dont really care to talk book books unless they are really into them..

Exactly, that's why I am thinking of closing it! [img]smile.gif[/img] There just isn't that many people interested in the forum I guess.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-26-2001, 10:40 AM   #14
Zbyszek

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

Why? Thats what it is isnt it?

SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF!SF !Fantaaaasy!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 10:44 AM   #15
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*keels over*

Ehm... The Siege is out? Dammit! I wanted to buy all my stuff in one Amazon shipment, now I'll have to wait till it's out here, hopefully Borders will have it. I am waiting for that book BIGTIME!!

Z, maybe you could expand the Books forum to include Movies, etc?

Hey! Now that is a good idea! Books and Movies.. sounds good!! Anyone else think that is cool??!

PS: Hey, I am nearly done with the 1st Harry Potter book, so I'll wait for ya! , Yeah, when I saw it, I swooned.. I said OMFG! It's OUT!!! I was HOPING it would come out early.. I dreaded having to wait until Xmas or something.. But the NEXT one will be out.. GULP.. Nov 2002. ?!?!?!!?!?! NOOOO!! (Well, the next one that is WRITTEN by him) some other is coming out in April, but I dunno if it's part of the series or not.. ?

Old 11-26-2001, 10:46 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dan,

Just my two cents worth but I would like to see the book forum stay and maybe be re-titled to cover all books? (As Mel notes, it seems to be only A D&D stuff and maybe that keeps new people away?)

I have been reading a few things and will try to get by to post, I admit I've not been there in a while.. but I've been awfully busy in my daily life and trying to mod on three boards so I haven't had lots of extra time for books...sigh...

I think the lull in posting is partly the same one the whole forum has been experiencing.. just temporary, I'm sure!

Cloudy
Old 11-26-2001, 10:47 AM   #17
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Well, Ziroc *is* correct in that it gets very little traffic. I wouldn't mind if he deleted it for that reason. BTW It's always put me off for a bit that the forum is called "AD&D and other fantasy RPG books"....

Why does that put ya off? It really covers ALL Books, so I may change the name of the forum, (And add Movies and stuff) to the title..

Old 11-26-2001, 10:49 AM   #18
Zbyszek

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Exactly, that's why I am thinking of closing it! [img]smile.gif[/img] There just isn't that many people interested in the forum I guess.

It is hard to read new book every day and then have time to tell about them (money, time, time, money)! *hard unjustice* I have read 3 last weekend (9th book of Dark Company by Glen Cook- over 400 pages, 4th book about Heechs by Frederick Pohl (about 350-400 pages) and one by Polish author - 350 pages (but I just decided to spend some money and do almost nothing else).
Crying NO!!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 11:48 AM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Why does that put ya off? It really covers ALL Books, so I may change the name of the forum, (And add Movies and stuff) to the title..

LOL, well 'put off' may be a bit of a strong term, but what I mean is, I never read D&D books, and though I have tried discussing other books from time to time, it does seem to be a forum only for a certain type of fantasy novel. This has made me gradually check the forum less and less.
I think that it would be a wonderful idea to change it into 'Books and Movies' though, I am sure that it could become quite popular if you did, as many people here seem to enjoy talking about the latest movies.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 01:39 PM   #20
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I, for one, would like the books forum to remain, not just because I post there [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

However, if traffic is a problem, why not go with the idea of Books & Movies or even extend it to include TV as well. I'm sure it would pull in a lot more posters.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)