Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2001, 09:01 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It's been dead for a long time now. Unless it picks up, It may just be merged with Gencon or Polls or something..

BTW Mem, The sequel to The Summoning is OUT!!!!! The Siege. I went looking at a book store just HOPING that it was out, knowing it was a Dec release, I kinda doubted it, but when I went to look, at first I didn't see it, but then, in the corner, I saw it! I nearly crapped! , OH MAN! Been really looking forward to this book.

When will AUS get it? Same time or a month late? I HOPE same time..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-25-2001, 09:19 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

NO!

...please no...
Old 11-25-2001, 10:33 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Laughing histerically"
I own it!
I own it!
That is one of the 11 books that I picked up the other day!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Who da man????

quote:
Quoted from the inside, first page...

The Shadow Crisis
His shadow self was as insidious as it was dark, always working to make him see dishonorable motives in the actions of everyone around him, and for some time now he had been growing angry about the hungry look in Escanor's eyes whenever he addressed Vala. Was it possible that Galaeron had sent the phaerimm to Escanor not because he wanted to be certain of killing it, but because his shadow self wanted to see the prince harmed instead?

The common Foe
"Maybe they don't know where we are," she suggested. "Or maybe they couldn't get here. Not everyone can just turn into a shadow and slip down a crack, you know."
"How long did they take to capture the Sharaedim? Five days-five days to take what Evereska has held for fifteen centuries." A hand came down on the edge of a mineral pad, shattering the whole thing and sending it fluttering to the lake's milky bottom. He appeared not to notice. "If I can find this place, they can find this place."

The Flying City
The witch looked at Hadrhune. He glared amber flames at her, then turned to Galaeron and said, "The enclave is moving." Deeper into the desert," Hadrhune clarified. "Away from Evereska. That's why-"
"Traitors!" Galaeron lunged for the seneschal but went down heavily, Vala on his back. "You promised!"

Old 11-25-2001, 10:37 PM   #4
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Awww..

Come on Z dont git rid of it!! Its hard to talk about books unless youve read them..

And alot of poeple dont really care to talk book books unless they are really into them..

Old 11-26-2001, 01:31 AM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I think people kinda go through phases there. I for one appreciate it because it's saved me a bunch of time wasted reading bad books. It's kinda nice to be able to get some opinions from people that you respect before you commit yourself to reading 1000 pages of crap. I know I would miss it.

Edit: If you're looking to free up space, maybe dump the PoR forum. That game is tragic.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 11-26-2001, 01:56 AM   #6
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

NO!

that forum is one of my favorites. True, I haven't been posting that much lately, but I'm trying to despite my browser problems.
If you merge the book forum with GenCon, all the book threads will drown and fall back from the first page and Polls and Books do not have that much to do with each other...
Even if it's slow right now, it'll manage [img]smile.gif[/img] and I've already gotten some useful tips on what to put on my Christmas wish-list [img]smile.gif[/img] .
So, NO!
Old 11-26-2001, 06:21 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Oh no, I like the books forum - but I haven't posted there for a while because I've been busy and haven't finished book 9 of WOT yet!
Slow moving is not necessarily a bad thing - it would be impossible to maintain conversation about books in Gen Con - the threads would drop off the page before any fellow readers had even noticed them - so probably books wouldn't get much discussion here.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:22 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Sorry if I'm advertising too much (if so, let me know about it, Dan, and you can delete this) but I would really love to see some new faces in the Books forum on Mithril Hall. (haven't seen you around in a while, Djinn... forum war is solved now, BTW)

It's a small forum but very nice and I'd really love to see more IW people there...it could use the extra traffic as well as some intelligent posts [img]smile.gif[/img] . There are many Ironworks members on Mithril Hall already, so don't worry, you'll feel at home soon enough [img]smile.gif[/img]

For any who were afraid to become members at either MH or Myth Drannor, the admins managed to come to an agreement, and there is a truce between the forums now.

So please, at least come and visit me once (It's so lonely there [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] ) and see if you like the place. I would love to have some good new posts in the Books section [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mithril Hall
Old 11-26-2001, 07:10 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
It's been dead for a long time now. Unless it picks up, It may just be merged with Gencon or Polls or something..

BTW Mem, The sequel to The Summoning is OUT!!!!! The Siege. I went looking at a book store just HOPING that it was out, knowing it was a Dec release, I kinda doubted it, but when I went to look, at first I didn't see it, but then, in the corner, I saw it! I nearly crapped! , OH MAN! Been really looking forward to this book.

When will AUS get it? Same time or a month late? I HOPE same time..

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*keels over*

Ehm... The Siege is out? Dammit! I wanted to buy all my stuff in one Amazon shipment, now I'll have to wait till it's out here, hopefully Borders will have it. I am waiting for that book BIGTIME!!

Z, maybe you could expand the Books forum to include Movies, etc?

Old 11-26-2001, 09:17 AM   #10
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

NO!

Ziroc don't do it! We need to have that forum.