Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 09:02 PM   #11
Fallen Angel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Stay with jahiera her summon Fire Elemental ability can easily get you through the 1st couple of chapters and its still a good summon even towards the end of the game. O and you got to have Insect plague a gauranteed spell disruptor( not to mention the elemental doesnt require 3 rounds after to gain control the the equal mage spell does).
Old 07-11-2001, 11:05 PM   #12
Waluin

Short and sweet: I have ToB. Jaheria keeps leveling then. She = wow.
Old 07-12-2001, 01:54 AM   #13
Darviathar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Cavern Sniffer:
Jaheiras Druidic spells are pretty devastating, namely creeping doom and insect swarm. For those 2 spells alone she mops the floor with Anomen.

It really depends on what role you want Anomen or Jahiera to play. If you want the better healer, then the choice is easy (ridiculously easy if you intend to play Throne of Bhaal). Go with Anomen. Not only will he get the spells much faster, but he'll get far more of them. As I've stated in other threads, I had both Anomen and Jahiera in my game. Upon reaching TOB, Anomen had access to 8 level six spells, so there really wasn't a need to retain Jahiera and her whopping TWO level six spell slots. She's a multi classed character, and quite simply won't keep up. On the surface, one might think that she is a better tank, since she is a multiclassed fighter, but that isn't the case. Her strength is woeful, she can't wear heavy armor, and worst of all, cannot employ powerful weapons (flail of ages, crom faeyr, or any of the other TOB hammer/mace types). I dumped her in TOB in favor of adding a pure tank simply because she wasn't pulling her weight, either as a tank or a caster. Creeping doom and those other druid other spells are nice, but if you've memmed those in her precious few spell slots it generally means that you HAVEN'T memmed the heal spells that you probably count on her for. Anomen has so many spell slots by TOB that I can load up powerful offensive spells (sun ray, holy word) and still have enough spell slots open for him to keep the party healed.