Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2003, 09:33 PM   #1
Zintzu KThol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It was a cold night much like every night in the village of Ramar. The clan K`thol called it home. A proud and powerful clan of Leezords whose roots go back hundreds of years. A violent wind whipped through the air playing tricks with sounds and dancing upon rooftops and jostling the Flag of K`Thol high utop the large longhouse in the north of the village. It is a huge building housing all of the ruling family and thier kin. To the east of this is a smaller yet identical longhouse housing thier workers and personal servents. It was very quiet this night as if waiting for something. Everyone in the village was awake at this time, a child was being hatched. This was a huge event for them being it was the first son of K`thol himself and heir to the Seat of ClanMaster. A tired looking Leezord of about 40 human years approached the ClanMaster who was sitting on his cruel looking chair adorned with gems and horns upon its arms.

"Master the young one will be amoung us shortly. He is special, i have seen his destiny in my dreams, he is the one the world has searched for. His name shall be writ in the pages of history forevermore!"

K`Thol nodded concentrating on a map in front of him. The map seemed to be the sort used by generals for it was marked with great flowing arrows and red x's and blue o's

"Good Zta carry on" he waved his hand at the Shaman. "A child birth no matter how important cannot deter me from my goals. The Greb`na clan has been claiming territory far too close to our borders, by law we must act you know this!"

"I know master but this boy shall wield the MAVIN! His destiny is to destroy the Lord of the Dead once he rises again." his excitment was broken by a sharp crack of lightning it startled the shaman, breaking his concentration. He returned to the birthing chamber lost in thought.

Upon a velvet bed laid an egg, gray and mundane it seemed to be nothing more than a large bird egg, yet the claws protruding through the surface and the small lizard-like head growling and pushing itself through the crack tells otherwise. The shaman stared at the process making sure the young one emerged from his egg carefully, none may be involved with this process and if a young Leezord dies durning its hatching it was never meant to be born at all.

"Young one, your life shall be greater than any. I shall make sure of it!" Zta waved his hand in front of his face an amber glow filled the room and highlighted his body as well as the egg.
"I bind myself to thee. I swear by your fathers Clan i shall protect you no matter the cost. Your quest is now mine as well young one, I am your Guardian."

the glow subsided and the hatching continued unhindered, one of the handmaidens of the Longhouse summoned K`Thol for the naming a cerimonial induction into the Clan that all newborns must go through. This included the act of branding the clans insignia on the subjects rigth hand, cruel by human standpoints but the highest honor amoungst Leezord Clans.

"I name thee, my first born ,Zintzu, The Conquering Winds"

K`Thol placed the red hot branding iron upon his sons hand, it sizzled and a few in the crowd winced in rememberance.

"No tears? Not even a whimper? I even cried when i was branded! This boy surely will be a great warrior! Z`Vren! I am placing my son in your hands, train him as you would your own. He wil lbe our champion one day!"

From the crowd a large muscular Leezord stepped out wearing hard studded leather and twin Katanas strapped to his back. He Bowed deeply and answered his Master in a voice as soft as a mothers touch yet as cunning and ruthless as a Pit Viper.

"As you command My Lord." taking the small child roughly from his position and vanishing into the crowd

Zintzu spent the next 15 years of his life married to his blade, the only teachings outside of swordplay he learned was battle tactics and strategy from his fathers advisors. Z`Vren became like a brother to Zintzu, they loved one another but Z`Vren was a tough teacher he did not like Zintzu failing nor did he take anything less than 100% for every second he was awake. Zintzu hated this but knew his claling as a warrior could cost his life if he let up even for a second. Z`Vren also taught Zintzu the art of thievery,how to disable traps, pick locks and even how to pick pockets this was usefull in getting Zintzu into loads of trouble with his elders breaking into the foodstores. but for every downfall he had a hundred sucessess to reimbursh it. Time was growing short for him in Ramar. He could feel it.

As he grew in skill and strength Zta watched his every footfall and sucess fro ma distance, waiting fo the day Zintzu would recive his summons.

"Zintzu, I trust your ready for this.." the shaman whispered to himself watching his champion fall after being rapped on the side of the head by Z`Vren with a rattan practice sword. He sighed and walked away as if he was disappointed "Kerah knows i am not"

end of Part 1

hope you liked it ;P
Zintzu KThol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay, you've got me hooked! Very nice... good character development and a nice history to start it all off.

On for the next!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:37 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Nice start. Keep them coming.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Excellent!!!

Keep them coming!!!

Wyv
Old 05-24-2003, 04:09 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

VERY good story...keep up the good work!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote